GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone give me a line on front and rear brake lines for a non ABS 2016? There used to be a vendor, maybe in Italy that sold HEL front and rear brake line kits for cheap. If you have braided on your non ABS, let me know what brand and where you got them please!

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally found a correct listing for non ABS three piece front and a rear.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out CORE lines, excellent quality and color combos
No existing product for our bike. Talked to them this morning, and it’s just easier to go with HEL. They already have an existing product, I just want natural.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
No existing product for our bike. Talked to them this morning, and it’s just easier to go with HEL. They already have an existing product, I just want natural.
That's really strange, as they do list the GSXS-750.
I thought I have CORE lines on my bike! Maybe was my last bike, I'll have to check

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Worst brake bleeding of my life. I had to pull the master off, and hold it with the lever down, but the reservoir higher than all of the hose to get it bled. Eff this radial master cylinder for not having a remote reservoir! Super fun to have to take the screws out, fill, then tighten the screws back on so the lid wouldn’t leak. Geebus! Great firm lever feel now, I just need to get the pads replaced with better ones. That should really tighten up the lever feel too! Doing the back now, should be easier. I have a non ABS bike btw, and still had to lift the tank to change the front. If I had it to do over again, I’d have gotten the race brake lines, that comes with a longer banjo bolt and dual banjo fittings at the master cylinder. It also routes the two hoses down each half of the forks. It would’ve been better, but these feel great! Sorry, I cannot get these photos to orient correctly, don’t know why!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts