GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bleeding our brakes (from what I've read) is in pain in our backside?!?!
Wondering if it might be easier to bleed them off the bike, with speed bleeder SB8125 and a piece of wood between the pads?

From what I've read on here it's not much fun bleeding our brakes. For those on here that have tackled the job, would you think it's easier with them on the bike and using a hose and some bleeder system, or what? I know some on here have opted for speed bleeders. (I love them and have them on my 1985 Honda CB650SC Night Hawk and my 1990 ZX750R Ninja) Would you buy the longer bleeder or just the factory length to make it bit easier job?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help!!

Happy New Year to all!!

I'm asking because I'm about to tackle this job!! Wish me luck!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I haven’t put speed bleeders on the gsxs yet, but have on other bikes. Your plan is the way to go in my opinion, and the way I’d do it.👍🏼

·
Registered
2016 f
433 Posts
If just changing fluid, id just bleed it while topping up the reseviour, but if say putting new brake lines on, id go with the speed bleeder, im dismantling my calipers soon to clean out the pistons seals, as they are abit sticky, i have thought about fitting braided lines , just to improve feel, as im happy with the braking power, changing the pads is completly nessesary as the stock pads sucked so bad

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bleeding our brakes (from what I've read) is in pain in our backside?!?!
Wondering if it might be easier to bleed them off the bike, with speed bleeder SB8125 and a piece of wood between the pads?
Actually, you have hardly any other choice because the bleeders are aiming the wrong way.....and don''t blame Suzuki for that, blame Brembo. Suzuki is only guilty for having chosen them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bleed from the opposite side with a length of hose and I would swear by Stahlbus bleeders. Not exactly inexpensive but, by far, the best speed bleeders you can buy.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If you know what to do , is not a pita . Did the brake lines including bleeding in 3 1/2 hours.

·
Registered
217 Posts
From my experience, the old fashioned way always yields the best results. Put a wrench and hose on the bleeder, hold the brake lever, crack the bleeder screw open, fluid (and bubbles) shoots out, close the screw, pump the brake lever to regain pressure, and repeat until the bubbles stop and new fluid is flowing out. Make sure the reservoir always has fluid in it. Start with the left caliper, move to the right, then bleed the master cylinder.

It's easier if you have a friend operating the lever while you operate the bleeder screw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts