GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am looking for other Brake & Clutch lever for my GSX-S1000 ABS to feel more comfortable.
I tried Accosato Racing 2019 Clutch lever but I got C65 Fi error after installed it. Hence, I have to find other.

Do you have any better idea ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am personally not interested in after market levers, but I know of GSX-Rs users reporting same problems and error code when changing clutch lever, because the after market levers don't press properly the clutch switch. One of them reported filing the pin on the clutch switch. Another rigging a separate toggle switch to make it work. You may have same problems with any other after-market lever, but may find some answers with the GSX-R crowd.

You don't have to read what I printed below. It is not what you were asking.

In general, the brake lever distance-to-grip could be adjusted because has very little travel with no leak, and that's why is offered with adjustment knob from factory.

.......the clutch lever, on the other hand, has a long travel to engage/disengage, and is not advisable reducing the travel 'for comfort', as this could eat into the engagement/disengament needed AT THE CLUTCH. That is why adjustment is not offered from factory. One way of making more comfortable is weaker springs, but that could make it slip when pushed. It is not a tourer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ive always used CRG RC2 levers. GSXR750, GSXR1000, GSXS1000. they look good and are comfortable. Never heard about or ever had any sort of error codes.

They are about 275 for the set, but worth it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi YYCGSXR,

It seems that the crg brake lever fits the gsxs, but apparently crg doesn't make a clutch lever for this bike? Searched on revzilla and couldn't find, so was curious where you may have picked up. Or, does the gsxr fit work with the gsxs as well? Thks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a cheap Chinese set. Only issue was that the actuator pin for the brake lever needed to be drilled a bit deeper. Shorty levers in blue! No issues with the clutch lever at all!

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I did cheap $20.97 delivered eBay levers with out a problem. For now. May get CRG or others down the road. But these work perfect.
i have read of others having issue with clutch switch. They are pretty simply.
throw up a few close up pics of them on. May be simple fix. Compare them to the OE ones where it engages the switch. See/show us difference. Maybe you won't have to buy new ones.

sportbiketrackgear & others have clutch & brakes levers(crg)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I have these and they are okay, no issues.
Made by Ride-It. Good stuff. I have them on my V-Strom and just ordered some a set of shorties for the GSX-S. I have a set of Pazzo's now, They are good, but they are standard length and I decided I wanted to try the shorties.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hi YYCGSXR,

It seems that the crg brake lever fits the gsxs, but apparently crg doesn't make a clutch lever for this bike? Searched on revzilla and couldn't find, so was curious where you may have picked up. Or, does the gsxr fit work with the gsxs as well? Thks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
The CRG clutch lever for and GSXR 2011 to current will work. I have one on my 2016 GSX and it fits fine with no modifications what so ever. I have the CRG shortys on my bike clutch and brake. Both fit perfect.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am looking for other Brake & Clutch lever for my GSX-S1000 ABS to feel more comfortable.
I tried Accosato Racing 2019 Clutch lever but I got C65 Fi error after installed it. Hence, I have to find other.

Do you have any better idea ?
HI GO FOR EVOTECH LEVERS PUT EM ON ALL MY BIKES TOP QUALITY

·
Registered
303 Posts
The CRG clutch lever for and GSXR 2011 to current will work. I have one on my 2016 GSX and it fits fine with no modifications what so ever. I have the CRG shortys on my bike clutch and brake. Both fit perfect.
If you check on STG.com; you will find they list CRG brake & clutch levers for the both the R and the S; and the SKU's are identical.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have V-trec clutch and brake levers - V-Trec Motorcycle Brake and Clutch Levers
High quality, easy installation, looks good, no error code.
However I switched back to OEM levers since those are more comfortable for me.
Same here, I found the slim design of the after market one cut into my arthritic hands when wearing thin summer gloves.
So back to comfy OEMs. (y)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have Puig fold up levers that I like alot. I can even adjust where the brake lever starts to bite.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts