GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you All,

I wonder if anybody can help me. I intend on taking my trusty stead on track days in our Kiwi summer. I will be upgrading the brake pads, most likely to some EBC HH sinterned items, or though I'm going to check out the Vesrah items mentioned by another member in a different post as well. I also want to upgrade my lines and fluid, which is where my question comes in.

On the stock bike (a naked ABS), there's two short lines that go to a joiner, and then a single line feeds up to the master cylinder. Checking out the HEL site, they offer 3 different options: Moto The ones I'm interested in are the race lines, which provide two lines direct from the master cylinder. Will running this configuration rather than the 3 lines through the connector cause any issues with the ABS, do you think? Or did Suzuki just put it in to help route everything?

·
Registered
415 Posts
There's an option for Hel lines that match our ABS equipped bikes on ebay. It's about $250 oz or so. I cant comment on the effect of blanking one line off but my personal preference is a line for line replacement.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jaked. Yeah, I saw that.

I used to have an 'h' line setup on the Busa, so single line down from the master to one caliper, then from that caliper to the other. Switching to two lines direct from the master along with different fluid had a noticeable improvement in feel and fade resistance, which was very helpful on the trackdays I attended on such a big girl!

Have since had my question answered in person though - Won't effect anything untoward having two lines from the master on the GSXS. Looks like it was just done for routing purposes.

Reactions: Jaked
1 - 3 of 3 Posts