GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
brand new Saddleman seat and matching pillion cover for the Gixxus.

This is the seat I bought from Stromer posted here...

http://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuki-gsxs-1000-parts/41404-brand-new-saddlemen-gp-v1-seat.html

And I bought it from him knowing that my butt usually prefers stock seats and hates aftermarket seats. Same with this one, but I had to try. Only took 10 miles to figure out it wouldn't work for me. Sure does look good on the bike though. I did not do anything with the passenger cover, just mounted the pilot's seat and rode over to my wife's work and back.

Not trying to make money so same deal Stromer posted applies here. It'll even come in the same box. $165 shipped.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lots of interest, no bites yet. C'mon folks, I need to make my money back because the DRZ needs a new seat worse than the GSX-S does!

E

·
0 Posts
Custom gel kit or bought? And if you where did you get...i made the same mistake and i had that seat but it looks good!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lots of interest, no bites yet. C'mon folks, I need to make my money back because the DRZ needs a new seat worse than the GSX-S does!
If its still available, I will take it... Let me know.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If its still available, I will take it... Let me know.
You said you'll take it so I'll take that as commitment to buy.

Skodi is first in line with andyshih2003 as a potential second if he's interested.

This of course is after several people have made a commitment to buy and ceased communication so I'm trying to handle this as fairly as possible.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You said you'll take it so I'll take that as commitment to buy.

Skodi is first in line with andyshih2003 as a potential second if he's interested.

This of course is after several people have made a commitment to buy and ceased communication so I'm trying to handle this as fairly as possible.
Yeah. PM me your paypal address and I will make the payment soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Payment received, this is sold.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hopefully not. It's too pretty to keep changing hands like this. I was tired of stepping around the box in the garage and was about to just cancel the ad and mount it up and deal with it because it looks way better on the bike than in a box.

Now...what should I buy next??? :D

Box went to the Post Office at lunchtime today.
Thanks man! Appreciate the super fast shipping...

So whats to buy next... Thats a great question. I have the following on my S1000:
- Yoshimura slip on
- Power Commander
- Custom dyno tune by Nels 2wheel dynoworks near Seattle
- Puig windscreen - realized was too short and put another taller one - forget the name
- Heated grips
- Led indicator lights
- Tidy tail
- SW-MOTECH Handlebar Risers (pending)
- Rear fender splash guard (pending)
- R&G Front Fender Extender (pending)
- Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control (pending)
- R&G Stainless Steel Radiator Guard (pending)
- SW-Motech sport saddle bags (pending)
- Seat (that you just sent) (pending)

The pending ones are either sitting in my garage or in transit. :)

I intend to get the following in the next few months:
- Arrow Header to replace the catalytic converter
- Pilot Road 4 tires - front & rear

What else am I missing? :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hopefully not. It's too pretty to keep changing hands like this. I was tired of stepping around the box in the garage and was about to just cancel the ad and mount it up and deal with it because it looks way better on the bike than in a box.

Now...what should I buy next??? :D

Box went to the Post Office at lunchtime today.
If I can have my ass planted on it for 1.5 hrs straight then its staying. If not, it has no choice but to come back for sale I guess. I am hoping it will be good.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks man! Appreciate the super fast shipping...
Well, I got it off fast enough, but I did pay for slow and cheap. :D

- Yoshimura slip on - Possibly, I do leave for work very early though and the stock one sounds pretty good anyway.
- Power Commander - ECU remapped with FTECU dongle, won't be needing one of these.
- Custom dyno tune by Nels 2wheel dynoworks near Seattle - A custom tune would be in order if I do replace the exhaust.
- Puig windscreen - realized was too short and put another taller one - forget the name - I like it fine without the windscreen.
- Heated grips - If I need these, I'll be on the FJR, which has wind protection AND heated grips.
- Led indicator lights - Got em, Rizomas
- Tidy tail - Got one - Rizoma
- SW-MOTECH Handlebar Risers (pending) - I'm not tall enough to need these.
- Rear fender splash guard (pending) - Not riding in the rain, that's for the FJR
- R&G Front Fender Extender (pending) - Possibly.
- Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control (pending) - No interest
- R&G Stainless Steel Radiator Guard (pending) - Got one.
- SW-Motech sport saddle bags (pending) - See above about the FJR.
- Seat (that you just sent) (pending) - We'll see.

The pending ones are either sitting in my garage or in transit. :)

I intend to get the following in the next few months:
- Arrow Header to replace the catalytic converter - see above about exhaust. Maybe one day.
- Pilot Road 4 tires - front & rear - gotta wear out the ones on the bike first.

Brembo master cylinder with matching clutch lever.
Braided SS brake lines.
I'm super tempted to make that happen...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Skodi wrote,
Not forgetting to ride it are you?0:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Skodi wrote, Not forgetting to ride it are you?0:)
Nope! With the S1000 the only bike in the garage now, she is being ridden 4 days a week... 50 miles a day. Loving it.

Reactions: dekker
1 - 17 of 17 Posts