GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You're poor and a nobody.
Actually not, you don't know me nor I care who you are, perhaps you are an illegal alien protected under Gavin Newsom?

I'm a retired Marine who has protected your freedom in this country and also I'm an IT Engineer. I have some really estate properties already payed off in California, New York, Texas, Mexico and Central America.

What are your credentials?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I broke a few bikes in and in my mind the first 500 miles is when you have to be careful. The motor and trans are honing and cutting in,changing the oil in the first 500 to 600 is must. I didn't redline or keep a constant RPM and I kept a eye on the temp gauge. I tried to do most of the first 500 in the backroads.
Thanks for your info.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi John,
You'll find that 5700 RPM limitation for the first 600 miles will be MORE than you will need.
The GSXS1K is so torquey, that you'll not be disappointed in the acceleration from standstill or in gears.
The revs above this is for getting HP, which is needed to overcome the wind for higher speed use.
I ride between 2000 and 4000 almost all of the time.

Rob.
Thanks for you info, I get you, I'm not an aggressive rider. 2K ~ 4K rpm is just right for me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am in Japan and bought my bike new. The dealer told me this...

First 500km keep it under 5,000rpm
Next 500km keep it under 7,000rpm.

Do the first service at 1,000km.

Then... ride like you stole it.
It makes sense, thanks for telling your experience.

·
Registered
145 Posts
watch this video!!
https://youtu.be/xpoglovyy_8

Im not saying red line it for days on end. Im saying that there is no need to baby it. Your own safety is more important, get used to the bikes power, try not to kill yourself. The bike can take what ever you dish out. Change your oil often, on schedule or early.

Watch This Video ;)

So Much opinion out there

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Videos like that just confirm to me that the internet is making people stupider and don't know the difference between scientific facts and some dudes hunch.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts