GSXS 1000 Forum banner

BST carbon fiber wheels now available in US

11K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Ghostrider.1127 
#1 ·
After contacting Brock's about the availability of BST wheels for the GSXS they added them to their site. $3500 if you were wondering.

I've had several sets of forged alum wheels (two sets of OZ HL01s, 4 sets of Carrozzerias, and a set of Aprilia OEM R wheels) I'm thinking about dipping my toe into the carbon wheel scene. I certainly don't need them...but they look awesome.

#2 ·
I have been tempted also. I'm just not sure the handling improvements are worth the outlay. They do look **** fine. Would be interested to see how much of a difference is felt with them fitted.

If you do decide to pull the trigger, be sure to take pictures and let us know what they ride like!

#4 ·
Just think, for similar money you could get the engine out and take it to 1200cc and over 200hp... OR fit a turbo set-up and go really nuts!

#8 ·
As much as I love foxbodies, you would have to dump a lot of money into a foxbody to make it quicker than this bike.

IMO $3500 for some wheels is pretty poor return on investment but it doesn't look like you're going for performance anyway. Also you wouldn't recoup much of that investment if you sell the bike.

#7 · (Edited)
They are Sexy for sure.

BST Carbon wheels transformed my ZX-14R it handled awesome with them, the World Wide Ceramic bearings is money well spent if you add the Carbon BST wheels.

I found at real high speed the front end on the big bike got a bit light and seemed less stable compared to the stock wheels.

Attachments

#11 ·
Just under 600 rwhp before the bottle. Just over 700 with it. I'm still working out some tuning issues. It'sa street car primarily. I've raced a few friends on bikes. The fastest bike i have raced was a cbr600 RR. I acknowledge that isnt exactly the quickest bike out there but I won by a fair margin to about 120. It hooks and goes. I'm not a pro driver. Somone knowing what they are doing on a well set up bike would probably eat my lunch. Me in my car is quicker than me on my bike in a straight line.

#15 ·
have BST on few bikes , good choice if u can afford them

Reactions: swampass
#23 ·
BST look way better....

Attachments

#20 ·
Nice! I bet it sounds like a 250 crosser too. ;)

#19 · (Edited)
First off, the rims are beautiful, super light, and I would love to have a set for my motorcycle.

I do consider the "HP to weight" ratio because it is important to performance.

However... my main concern is the "HP to Dollar" ratio. The "HP to Dollar" ratio is far better with more displacement and/or a power adder, for our motorcycle.

I do like the carbon fiber rims!

My street legal Mustang was also faster than my bike. My fastest time 1/4 mile with slicks was 8.23 @ 163mph. 2004 World Finals MMFF True Street Champion.

#21 ·
HP per dollar (or just outright performance per dollar - handling, braking, etc) is my favorite metric too. Motorcycles are just impossible to beat in that respect. Unfair to really compare with a project car I suppose. Comes at a price though, it goes without saying that you are sacrificing the cage and any creature comforts that go along with it. But to me, that adds to the feeling of riding a motorcycle. As old pilots used to say, it's as close as you can get to flying without being in the air.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.