GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
I loved them on the hayabusa until I started to rail on the bike. Between the buell pegs and helibars that bike was super comfortable. Once I was capable of riding that bike fast, both had to go. Pegs started dragging at extreme lean angles.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I loved them on the hayabusa until I started to rail on the bike. Between the buell pegs and helibars that bike was super comfortable. Once I was capable of riding that bike fast, both had to go. Pegs started dragging at extreme lean angles.
You will notice i have left the "hero" blobs off meantime till i see how it feels. Was about to go for a ride and it started pissing down with rain, so that was that.:crying:

·
Registered
434 Posts
You will notice i have left the "hero" blobs off meantime till i see how it feels. Was about to go for a ride and it started pissing down with rain, so that was that.:crying:
You will love the feel, that extra inch makes all the difference. As long as you’re not really pushing the pace, you’ll have no problem with dragging them. I was dragging my stator cover on the hayabusa, so that gives you an idea at the pace I was running. The black looks very nice as well.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sounds like you should be racing in MotoGP LOL . "Dragging my stator cover " Thats some funny chit right there lmao
No, just in my young and dumber days. I found the limits of the big girl a couple of times, that’s when I decided to go smaller to go faster. Fixing it gets expensive. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will love the feel, that extra inch makes all the difference. As long as you’re not really pushing the pace, you’ll have no problem with dragging them. I was dragging my stator cover on the hayabusa, so that gives you an idea at the pace I was running. The black looks very nice as well.
Yeah my bike is 18 model so has black rearsets so got Joe to powder coat them to match.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, just in my young and dumber days. I found the limits of the big girl a couple of times, that’s when I decided to go smaller to go faster. Fixing it gets expensive. lol
If im over as far as that, it means ive crashed into a hedge :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well had the bike out today for the first time since i got it, havent had the time till now and the pegs were perfect. Im sure my old hips would have protested far more than they did, had i the OEM ones fitted. Just need to get some more time in the saddle before i head for the "ISLAND"

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Funny how a small change makes such a big difference, glad it worked out for you.
Its worked to a certain level, but its been 21 months since ive been on a bike and im just not bike fit, hips and knees ache a little but hopefully that will improve. If not there will be a bike for sale when i come back from the TT. :eek:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I thought for sure you were going to say it felt weird because you didn't change the placement of the shifter-rear brake. Glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought for sure you were going to say it felt weird because you didn't change the placement of the shifter-rear brake. Glad it worked out for you.
No the shifter was fine took about 20 seconds, however the brake light switch was a pain in the rear. I ended up taking the rearset off altogether it was easier that way.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi where can I get a set of these ? .I live in London . Cheers
From a guy called Joe Satterwhite in the states. All in cost to me was 160 dollars , but that inc 20 dollars for powder coating black. If you want his email address let me know. Del

1 - 20 of 26 Posts