GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to do a burnout or stoppie on this bike- I have the F and cannot switch off the ABS, but saw a vid of a chap doing stunts on a standard bike.

Just wondered how it was done?

·
Registered
285 Posts
trick photography, this bike has according to a zillion forum members THE worst brakes ever since wooden pads were invented, and is so sh..tlessly under powered that according to forum members it couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding . My personal experience is different and you can have heaps of fun with this gutless useless bike , if you know how to ride , go out and enjoy it

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Pull the fuse out of the ABS, turn the traction control off and ride like a knob!

Just my guess;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Is it possible to do a burnout or stoppie on this bike- I have the F and cannot switch off the ABS, but saw a vid of a chap doing stunts on a standard bike.

Just wondered how it was done?
Standard naked has non abs version. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was an f I saw on youtube. No trick photography either. I guess it is the fuse for the abs. I'll give it a go.

Nothing wrong with these brakes that a good set of pads won't sort.

Was out on the bike a few days ago. Never fails to amuse me.

·
Registered
285 Posts
fuse out of ABS, traction off should have it sorted,this is a good fun machine , but i can't do stoppies even on bikes with no ABS so only guessing, burnouts should be a breeze with traction off , but never tried one on this bike. Particularly since the police here can take your licence on the spot, and confiscate your bike for even thinking about a burnout. My old ZZR1100 which was about the same 140 hp did great rolling burnouts but those days a bit of a dim memory and the cops weren't worried back then as long as you were sober ......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I tried this with traction control off- it will burn out no problem. Must be something to do with being stationery.

Now, back to thse stoppies-!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Stoppies dont require you locking the front wheel?
surely and handfull of brake pressure, a shift forward of weight and some balance control and you can coast to a stop on the front wheel.
I aint for trying it on mine but used to on my YZ80 years ago

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stoppies dont require you locking the front wheel?
surely and handfull of brake pressure, a shift forward of weight and some balance control and you can coast to a stop on the front wheel.
I aint for trying it on mine but used to on my YZ80 years ago
You don't lock the wheel pal. I can stoppie and wheelie. Just looking for info on whether people remove the fuse to do it. The bike won't stoppie, even with tc off so I believe the abs won't allow it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts