GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I’m buying a new bike next week. I’ve pretty much decided on the gsx 1000z. Although, I’m going to commute and the f is probably smarter. Is there an after market windscreen available? What the best company for after market parts? My last bike was a hyabusa. I kind of regret doing all of the race work to it. It didn’t ride well until about 120mph. Between 80-100 it ran rough. So after market is going to be minimal. If anybody could list what they like and don’t like about this bike I would be so grateful! I hear the throttle is sticky, but I’m sure I can get used to it or get some work done.
Any advice would be more than welcome! I’m going through Costco pricing and putting down whatever they need. 36 mo. 0 apr is free money or should I take the $1500?
I looked at the ninja 1000abs also but I liked the gsx better

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
There are a lot of discussions on here about screens, but if I were you, I'd just buy it, ride it, then decide (then again if I were you, I'd get the F). They are both **** nice with no mods at all. :)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
ill ride hours an hours on the highway with the s with a race screen sitting up right....just night try the touring MRA screen next...looks like the race screen maybe a little wider and taller

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have a Puig screen. Works for me.

I agree, I have the Puig as well. I did not dig the wind blast of the naked bike when I got it, the puig installed makes it enjoyable. I feel its comparable to my faired bike, not so much due to screen if theres more resistance but more or less sitting more up right. the wind chart that came with the puig claims 58% better air flow with the windscreen (they have a wind tunnel) fir testing.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Another "thumbs up" for the Puig, looks best in dark smoke IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts