GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, do you know if it's possible to disable the C46 FI light by removing pin 5 from the ECU or if an ESE is required?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Hi RussyH,
No idea what you mean by ESE. I presume it's not East South East direction to where you threw the actuator into the long grass.

Copy and paste from elsewhere: "C46 Exhaust control valve actuator EXCVA position sensor produces following voltage. 0.1V < sensor vlotage < 4.9V. Without the above value, C46 is indicated. EXCVA motor cannot move."

If you lift the wire from the sensor at the ECU the light will go out. No idea if the wire at pin 5 is correct, but it's easy to pull out the pin from the plug once you understand the locking ratchet that hold the pin in the plug.
Don't cut the wire, just heat shrink it for insulation. You never know, you may well want to return it to stock when selling.

Rob.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rob. ESE is an Exhaust Sensor/Servo Eliminator, read it on another forum.

I've just removed pin 5 (excva voltage according to manual) and the light's still on so I guess that doesn't work?!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Hi Russ,
" Exhaust Sensor/Servo Eliminator ? " I am not the owner of a manual, but to me you seem to have 2 different components lumped together and one wire at pin 5 ?

Is the 'exhaust sensor' a oxygen sensor (screws into the exhaust pipe) and the servo component is the exhaust pipe vane that is connected via cables up to the servo actuator motor up towards the underneath of the frame.
I am thinking that 2 sensors are involved, not just the one. So there would be one more wire at the ECU requiring your attention ?

Most people who try to remove the servo actuator get alarm's like you, and the advice is to remount the actuator minus the vane cables and just connect up the actuator wiring to the loom and the small weight saving loss is better than the alarm light being up.
When you switch it back on, the actuator will sort itself out as though you had never touched it.
So if you have indeed done this via another post somewhere here, is it the O2 sensor that is at Pin 5 then ?

Rob.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Rob,

It's the exhaust servo, the valve that opens and closes. Issue is that it's stopped working rather than wanting to remove it to fit a new exhaust say. I've slackened off the cables so that it stays open now.

Removing the pin didn't work so I've ordered a HealTech ESE (definitely servo). Will pop that on and see what happens. Cheers for your help 👍🏻

1 - 5 of 5 Posts