GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While searching for something else, I stumbled upon California Scientific's new windscreens for the 'F'

Suzuki GSX-S1000F Windshields

The've gotten some decent reviews for other platforms they support and I may give this a whirl while I wait for my MRA to arrive.

Lots more pics at the link above...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm really keen on Cal Sci as my MRA touring screen on GSX-s1f only gives adequate protection but looks good however.
Cal Sci on my BMW R1200RS works great! I'm 5'5".

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Don't like it.
It looks like they have the angle wrong when looked at from the side.
It needs to be a few more degrees vertical so the bottom point looks like it remains parallel to the fairing body.:(

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Now I like that a little better. Probably one of the best extended ones I've seen.

Not happy about the price though:eek:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think they actually got the size and angle perfect (for the shorty). The problem, I see, is that they followed the lines of the top of the headlight - which rather than the lines at the top of the fairing. If you project the yellow lines into a side view, I think the screen would line up nicely with the fairing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The tall touring screen is pretty goofy looking, but the tinted shorty doesn't look that bad. Of course I couldn't leave well enough alone and had to add an adjustable lip to mine.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm thinking of going with the Cal Sci Tinted Shorty as I don't want to wait 8 weeks for the MRA.
Any reason not to?

·
Registered
81 Posts
How tall are you and how's that working for you?
I'm 5'10". I should've ridden it before I put the laminar lip on there to see how it was before. But I took it out on the interstate up to 85 and there's no buffeting around my helmet now, just smooth clean air. On the stock windshield my helmet would get knocked around and wanted to lift off my head.

I'm thinking of going with the Cal Sci Tinted Shorty as I don't want to wait 8 weeks for the MRA.
Any reason not to?
If you don't like it, you could always sell it on here.

·
Registered
394 Posts
FWIW, I sent CalSci an email about making custom cuts. They responded quickly and are willing to do custom work (with the exception of no returns). Good customer service so far...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just installed the CalSci shorty tinted on my GSX- F and it looks great, wind has now been redirected to my shoulders and above instead of chest with stock screen.
I'm 6'1" so it's pretty effective for taller riders even for a shorter screen.
Went on very quickly, highly recommended!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts