GSXS 1000 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 109 Posts

· Registered
1989 GSX750F, __ 2022 GSX-S1000GT
101 Posts
No and I never have in the past on any Suzuki. I have taken GSXRs straight from the showroom with 5 miles on them and gridded them up for a race. Never a problem. I was under that rpm lawyer talk recommendation for maybe 300 miles then had a trip which required power to keep from getting killed on it. It had plenty of quality heat cycles prior to that. That is not the reason for this and if it is that is weak build quality because I am not the only one hearing this. And it appears it dates back to the 2020 model Katana's with same engine.
I’ve stuck strictly to the RPM limits and so far not even the slightest noise. Not sure if that's helped but I'm 100% sure it didn't hurt.

· Registered
1989 GSX750F, __ 2022 GSX-S1000GT
101 Posts
Break in didn’t cause this. Or the way to chose to break it in.
I did notice you started getting noise the moment you went on a trip where you were keeping up with a 1290 and a V4S at about 500 miles.
And then Freepenguiny said he went FULL HAM at 600 miles.
Has anybody experienced the noise after sticking to the RPM limits during break in?

· Registered
855 Posts
I did notice you started getting noise the moment you went on a trip where you were keeping up with a 1290 and a V4S at about 500 miles.
And then Freepenguiny said he went FULL HAM at 600 miles.
Has anybody experienced the noise after sticking to the RPM limits during break in?
I stuck to the limits and mine sounds like a dishwasher washing loose change

· Registered
188 Posts
At 900 miles now, only get a rattle for 15 secs or so on some warm/hot starts. I stuck at 6k for the first 600 miles mostly because I was commuting- went higher for a few moments a few times when road circumstances permitted it. 600 mile oil change showed no metal on the magnet.

· Registered
1,706 Posts
I stuck to the limits and mine sounds like a dishwasher washing loose change
hey Trevor yesterday I went for a ride, 20-30minutes. I went into grocery store for about 15 minutes, came out and my rattle wasn't really that bad. like I started it up and it was relatively quiet. do you think a hot start is no longer hot after 15 minutes?

one other reason I ask, is now that my fan kicks on at 205 and drops back down to 195. when I turn bike off, it is now cooler than before. I wonder if a bike hitting 223 before shutting off, then turning on affects noise at all

or this is pure speculation, because yesterday it was actually cooler out, like 75* and its just now that temperature is dropping outside, the bike will now be quieter on warm starts

· Registered
855 Posts
hey Trevor yesterday I went for a ride, 20-30minutes. I went into grocery store for about 15 minutes, came out and my rattle wasn't really that bad. like I started it up and it was relatively quiet. do you think a hot start is no longer hot after 15 minutes?

one other reason I ask, is now that my fan kicks on at 205 and drops back down to 195. when I turn bike off, it is now cooler than before. I wonder if a bike hitting 223 before shutting off, then turning on affects noise at all

or this is pure speculation, because yesterday it was actually cooler out, like 75* and its just now that temperature is dropping outside, the bike will now be quieter on warm starts
I still get it after 15 min....on my recent trip across Canada our gas stops on average were at least 15 min and it did it everytime.....my temp gauge is set to Celsius and fan comes on around 104...

61 - 80 of 109 Posts