GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have now installed all my goodies to protect the bike incase something happens. But now I want to invest in a good camera for everyday riding. If possible it needs to be able to be wired into the system so it starts up and switches off with the bike.

I will later invest in a GoPro for some fancy angles and fun riding.

Please share what you have or have seen please.

·
Registered
79 Posts
What about the idea of a small dash cam and mount it on the front somewhere?. Exactly what you need about automatically turning on with the ignition.

I currently use a Drift HD Ghost purely because Brisbane has some of the worst drivers i've seen in a long time.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I don't have anything permanent but I also use Drift Ghost-s HD
I have a mount for the handlebars and the sticky pads for the helmet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am also interested in this cameras thread as i have just purchased a Garmin Zumo 590lm sat nav for my Triumph Explorer and am going to get a Virb action camera but would like to hear if anyone has had one or any input on it or others. I was going for the Virb as it works remotely off the Garmin sat nav.

:nerd:

·
Registered
70 Posts
i have a drift hd ghost, and its what i use in my videos, not bad but it only capable of 60fps at 720p which is fine if you want to record just incase someone hits you but for video making i want to get 60fps at 1080p, i saw a review video of this its a Gitup Git2 just check out the specs of it and its only around £80 here the video i saw it on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zEwH0K5pmM for your the price of it and what it can do, why bother with a gopro if you lost this you wouldn't be as gutted. thats just my opinion tho, and i bet theres some that would disagree :eek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the Hero 4 Silver set to 1080p 24 fps with colour set to flat(LOG) because that is more cinematic and I have delusions of adequacy when it comes to making videos...

·
Registered
76 Posts
im using a hero4 session

its small i can record in 1080p 60fps and it also has a loop function so i can use it as a dash cam for daily use and on weekend i can use it as normal cam for fun rides

·
Registered
834 Posts
I was using gopro silver 4 and remote control for my vids on water and street. it has a monitor on the back so u can see what u recording and adjust right away.
watch: https://www.youtube.com/user/42ONENOTE
CHEERS!
So I'm sitting bored because although it's sunny out, it's a brisk 38 degrees, about 3C. Then I watched that video and ... I'm suited up, heading out on the Gixxy until I'm half frozen. See you guys when I get back....

·
Registered
219 Posts
So I'm sitting bored because although it's sunny out, it's a brisk 38 degrees, about 3C. Then I watched that video and ... I'm suited up, heading out on the Gixxy until I'm half frozen. See you guys when I get back....
Do it, do it, do it for all of us. hahahah
Same here. bored to death. i might change keys on my pc after this winter.:D
Here during night -7C during day 0 to 3C. i wont go out. looool
not even with a car. no point there if there is no grip. Cheers!!!
just be careful!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts