GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 58 Yr old rider since 1975. Can't decide on purchasing just yet, but decided to join forum in anticipation of purchase of S1000F.:laugh:
List of previously owned bikes;
1975 Honda CB200T
1976 Honda CB400F
1983 Suzuki GS550ES
1992 Honda VTR250
199? Suzuki Intruder 800
1999 Yamaha R6
2007 Harley Deluxe
Now Own; 2003 Buell XB9S City Lightning

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going to keep the Buell. Great fun in the hills!
Live in San Francisco Bay Area.
GSXS might be to close to the same.
Might go with Cruiser type with bags for distance riding.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Get the s1000f and ventura rack and luggage and go touring. Although I'm also having trouble making the commitment as I still love my triumph street triple.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I love the EBR and was very close to buying it. 185 HP Rotax motor.

That is until I read they went bankrupt and sold off their factory by bits and pieces, as opposed to selling the entire factory to another company who will continue to produce bikes. That also means that parts will be nearly impossible to buy for it, and that means buying one is a complete waste of money. I love the bike, but don't have that kind of money to throw away.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm also in the Bay Area, live in Oakland and spend a lot of time in our amazing hills
I have been attracted by buells for awhile and was considering getting an xb12 when I got the gsxs. They are similar types of bikes... but so different! To me the gsxs feels better in the corners than the buell ever did, and has an extra 50hp with very similar weight. Also more comfortable riding position for long rides imo. It would be worth the trade

·
Registered
2 Posts
Go Ahead , Pull the Trigger

I am 61 and just bought the Red and Black naked version. No regrets however my 2014 Multistrada might be getting jealous. Robert

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking to get the F model in blue.
Local dealer says they will install Throttle tamer for no charge!
Waiting for "El Nino" to finish here in California.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Looking to get the F model in blue.
Local dealer says they will install Throttle tamer for no charge!
Waiting for "El Nino" to finish here in California.
Good choice all round;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts