GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started happening like a week or so ago. For some reason I am unable to see when someone attaches thumbnails to a post. Before I could see them fine. but now all I see is this (below). If I hunt with my mouse pointer there is a tiny portion I can click to enlarge and see the full image, but its tiny and hard to find. The browser I'm using is Opera.

·
Administrator
232 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I have the same problem at work running Firefox on Windows 10. I can run Chrome on the same machine and it works fine and I run Firefox at home on my MacBook Pro and it works fine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm also using windows 10.

Clearing cookies didn't help. Its happening with every post that someone attaches images in, not just in the fresh tune thread. Now if they embed images I can see those fine. I tried using a different browser and that worked. But no go with Opera.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who owns it doesn't really affect me. Opera has been using the Chrome engine for years now. So its not much more than a front end. But I like its look and functionality much more than Chrome. As for other browsers. I never cared for Firefox and Safari is LOL. I haven't used IE Since the 90's. Edge isn't really suitable as a daily browser. Waterfox is my alternative browser.

·
Administrator
232 Posts
Are you using any form of script or adblocker with your browser? If yes, can you try disabling it temporarily and see if the attachments return?

Kevin

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahhh that was it!! I'm using Ublock Origin and disabling it makes attached images reappear. Not sure why this issue would pop-up like this though. Ive been using Ublock the whole time Ive been on the site and this only became an issue recently. Thanks Kevin.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Im having same / similar issues running chrome on mac pro yosemite 10.10.5. Unable to view any attachments in threads or pictures in gallery.

ok figured it out . disabled Ghostery and now im able to see images again. Why are we forced to give up privacy just to participate in this forum? Seriously considering leaving the site.

·
Administrator
232 Posts
Hey there,

Not so much giving up your privacy as it is allowing for the ads to appear on your page. This is something being worked on (temporarily disabling your AdBlocker to view attached images and other functions) until there is a fix for this. We thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter.

Cheers,
Natalie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts