GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just done the fuel tank upper cover and the deflector above the headlight. Really not perfect but for my first wrap i'm pretty satisfied :D

Just ask myself if i do the rear side fairing or its going to be to much :nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
Nice, looks good. I also like your garage. :D

I wrapped a few pieces on my FJR, been contemplating doing the GSX now. I'd love to wrap the tank black, but I've seen enough videos to know that's way beyond my skill level.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, looks good. I also like your garage. :D

I wrapped a few pieces on my FJR, been contemplating doing the GSX now. I'd love to wrap the tank black, but I've seen enough videos to know that's way beyond my skill level.

hehe thanks! we keep them inside for the winter loll

For sur the tank is hard to wrap... you can wrap it in 3 pieces, like on the edge the join is not to visible!

·
Registered
870 Posts
hehe thanks! we keep them inside for the winter loll

For sur the tank is hard to wrap... you can wrap it in 3 pieces, like on the edge the join is not to visible!
I might tackle it one of these days, too many projects for me to get too deep in that one that is like 95% sure to be a fail. :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
That looks good. I wouldn't mind just that amount above headlight done on mine. I have the chinese carbon fiber seat cover and I think between the two that might look pretty good on my bike.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
I’ve carbon wrapped a few parts on my other bike and it’s a pain to do.
Maybe next time I’m going to find someone who does hydro dipping.
You can buy hydro dipping kits but I got talking to a bloke who used to do it and
he said that carbon is the hardest to get a perfect finish.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks good..... I like it.

I have the gray too but I went with red accents and never liked the gold forks.

The gold forks always looked out of place to me...so I wrapped the forks in black carbon fiber and totally changed the look of the bike.

I think the side panels would look good in carbon fiber.....if you don't like it, get out the heat gun and remove it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks good..... I like it.

I have the gray too but I went with red accents and never liked the gold forks.

The gold forks always looked out of place to me...so I wrapped the forks in black carbon fiber and totally changed the look of the bike.

I think the side panels would look good in carbon fiber.....if you don't like it, get out the heat gun and remove it.

I've done this one after and i'm waiting my other roll to do the black belly pan to!

I order some piece in gold to match the fork but i agree that the fork is special alone in gold hehe! By the way nice bike with the red touch :D

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
The gold forks remind me of the Triumph speed triple when they had the gold forks,then in 08 they changed to black.
I’m not a fan of the gold forks either but I just don’t care these days..

·
Registered
536 Posts
Lol chill people Suzuki has been putting fake carbon fiber on GSXRs for years and no one complained.

Plus the real stuffs a pos anyway if you’ve ever really handled it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've done this one after and i'm waiting my other roll to do the black belly pan to!

I order some piece in gold to match the fork but i agree that the fork is special alone in gold hehe! By the way nice bike with the red touch :D
Thanks Drag....that tank cover looks good and I know it was a pain to wrap a shape like that. Make it your own...that's what I did. Not another one like it.

I've wrapped 2 complete 4 wheelers in camo and there is nothing easy about it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts