GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm jealous. I really wanted a carbon guard but couldn't justify the price. Looks even better than I imagined. Now you got me thinking again...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really happy with the guard
When I fitted it I made up a one piece bracket to go inside the guard to pop rivet the brake line brackets each side rather than using the original washers
Wanted to spread the tension over a bigger area
Craig

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very beauty but prefer twill carbon and not the pixel carbon as you have. these days I'm also making the carbon screen using the original one as a base.;)

These are the best pictures I can take of underneath the front guard/fender without removing it
I am not sure what you mean by pixel carbon as this is real carbon fiber
Are you trying to tell me I have inferior product
Craig

·
Registered
509 Posts
Craig
Pretty sure he is referring to the weave pattern of the carbon fiber.
Common types being plain weave or twill.
Both are real carbon fiber, just different aesthetic results.

Aprilia and BMW use twill on alot of their models, Ducati use plain weave for instance.

I can't afford either, so you both suck :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
No I don't want to tell you that you have an inferior product. I understood that it is real carbon but there are 2 types of carbon: the pixel one as ducati usually have, it is made with small squares and the carbon twill which is what I have. It's just a matter of taste.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Craig
Pretty sure he is referring to the weave pattern of the carbon fiber.
Common types being plain weave or twill.
Both are real carbon fiber, just different aesthetic results.

Aprilia and BMW use twill on alot of their models, Ducati use plain weave for instance.

I can't afford either, so you both suck /forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
Exactly Cainus, that was what I meant.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No I don't want to tell you that you have an inferior product. I understood that it is real carbon but there are 2 types of carbon: the pixel one as ducati usually have, it is made with small squares and the carbon twill which is what I have. It's just a matter of taste.

According to mt Google there are a lot more than 2 types of Carbon fiber
I really like what I have purchased and will continue to purchase more of the same style of Carbon
Craig

1 - 20 of 23 Posts