GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, about 3 month are passed by when I bought my bike and with all my happiness I'll post here the mods that I've done for now :)

GSG Mototechnik frame sliders
Tail tidy: Lightech license plate with LED light (and reflector)
BARRACUDA Indicators LED front and rear
Suzuki transparent sticker tank

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Very nice :)

I like the tail tidy, I have a German one now but I'm looking for a better one.
I also have barracuda indicators, the quadra version.
When you buy the R&G front indicator adapters you can fit them and still use the original plastic black covers, so you don't see the screw to hold the indicator in place.
I will make a picture this week.
The only thing is that R&G uses 6 mm holes, barracuda is 8 mm, so you have to drill the hole a little bigger.

Greets John

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tnx for the compliments John :)
So do you have the quadra version? I was very undecided if buy FRECCIA version or QUADRA version. I like both.
Can you post a photo about those mounted on your bike please?
R&G has the same holes but indicators aren't sexy like the Barracuda >:D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice job!
does indicator needs external resistors or are inside?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Very well done

Reactions: carpmanu

·
Registered
100 Posts
Tnx for the compliments John :)
So do you have the quadra version? I was very undecided if buy FRECCIA version or QUADRA version. I like both.
Can you post a photo about those mounted on your bike please?
R&G has the same holes but indicators aren't sexy like the Barracuda >:D
Yes i have the quadra version, I also like the Freccia version, looks nice on your bike.

I will make a photo this week :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry for the poor quality photo's
Made with the phone today

I bought the R&G indicator adapters, drilled the holes in the adapters up to 10 mm to fit the barracuda indicators, originel the holes are 8 mm.
When you use the R&G adapters you can re-use the black original little panels. The adapters are plug and play those you won't have to drill, the hole is already 10 mm :) So you can make everything back original if you want :)
I bought some shrink hose to cover up the 2 wires from the indicators. and bought some adapters to connect the indicators with the original connectors :) al plug and play now.

I will make a topic myself with the other mods, but these are the barracuda quadra's :)
Have them in the front and the rear.

·
Registered
50 Posts
the clear tank pad isn't listed on the suzuki site just a grey one which isn't what I'm looking for any one know where to get the same one as john1000k7

cheers

·
Registered
437 Posts
the clear tank pad isn't listed on the suzuki site just a grey one which isn't what I'm looking for any one know where to get the same one as john1000k7

cheers
The clear one is listed. When you go on the accessory site select the tank pad and you see it says two versions available. Click into it and the clear one comes up with a part number

·
Registered
100 Posts

cheers
I have a full clear one, I orderd the clear one from Suzuki first but there are silver dots on the suzuki protection.

Here is were I orderd.
GSX S 1000

Very good quality, it's almost invisible and no scrathes on the protection yet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for the poor quality photo's
Made with the phone today

I bought the R&G indicator adapters, drilled the holes in the adapters up to 10 mm to fit the barracuda indicators, originel the holes are 8 mm.
When you use the R&G adapters you can re-use the black original little panels. The adapters are plug and play those you won't have to drill, the hole is already 10 mm :) So you can make everything back original if you want :)
I bought some shrink hose to cover up the 2 wires from the indicators. and bought some adapters to connect the indicators with the original connectors :) al plug and play now.
Nice work John! I like how you have described all the procedure ;)
QUADRA version are really nice on our bike. Great choice ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts