GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Has anyone blacked the cat cover on a white bike? or other colour really.
I was just thinking it might look good and something else to play with when winter comes.
Thanks All

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello!

Are you referring to the muffler box/cat that sticks out like a sore thumb underneath the bike that I've scraped a couple of times going over a high speed bump?

I'm wanting to paint mine! I hate seeing that monstrosity in it's natural steel color! I'm having my factory muffler and muffler gaurd powder coated matte black but the painter advised me AGAINST powder coating this muffler/cat box due to it's extremely high temperatures! So i opted not to paint it? There's got to be a way to paint that thing? I'm guessing maybe even a can of H2 High Temperature Samurai spray???

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hated it so much i removed mine…. I already had the black can with my model..

i think due to its extreme temperature even high temp paint wouldnt last long.. i know i sprayed my BW headers with the stuff and with the dirt they have changed…

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hated it so much i removed mine…. I already had the black can with my model..

i think due to its extreme temperature even high temp paint wouldnt last long.. i know i sprayed my BW headers with the stuff and with the dirt they have changed…
Unfortunately i have a 2019 model and it was the last year to have the regular brushed aluminium or pressed steel. That's exactly why my muffler and muffler gaurd are being powder coated matte black as we speak! I'm not sure what I'll do with the muffler box? I have one more month of warranty coverage, then i can remove the box or do a cat delete without voiding the warranty

·
Registered
116 Posts
Unfortunately i have a 2019 model and it was the last year to have the regular brushed aluminium or pressed steel. That's exactly why my muffler and muffler gaurd are being powder coated matte black as we speak! I'm not sure what I'll do with the muffler box? I have one more month of warranty coverage, then i can remove the box or do a cat delete without voiding the warranty
Mine is a 2019, but i guess there were different options for different countries. Is a decat not an option due to laws in the states??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is a 2019, but i guess there were different options for different countries. Is a decat not an option due to laws in the states??
Yes you can't order or purchase a vehicle in the US specifically in California without a catalytic converter, and it's a crime to remove a catalytic converter from a vehicle that is required to have one! In the Philippines, technically your supposed to have the catalyst in place however it's very common here for people to remove them! Iny case, the service department from the Suzuki dealership i bought my GSX-S1000 from, told me that if i removed the catalytic converter or altered it or any of the emission systems, it would completely void the factory warranty! So i decided to wait until that warranty is up, which ie next month November 2021.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello!

Are you referring to the muffler box/cat that sticks out like a sore thumb underneath the bike that I've scraped a couple of times going over a high speed bump?

I'm wanting to paint mine! I hate seeing that monstrosity in it's natural steel color! I'm having my factory muffler and muffler gaurd powder coated matte black but the painter advised me AGAINST powder coating this muffler/cat box due to it's extremely high temperatures! So i opted not to paint it? There's got to be a way to paint that thing? I'm guessing maybe even a can of H2 High Temperature Samurai spray???
Hi, Yeah I am. Looking back I shouldve de catted before having remap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts