1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cat Eliminator Down Pipe Exhaust DOMINATOR - Question

my pipe is here. finally!

DE-CAT DECAT Cat Eliminator Down Pipe Exhaust DOMINATOR SUZUKI GSX-S 1000 15-18

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DE-CAT-DECAT-Cat-Eliminator-Down-Pipe-Exhaust-DOMINATOR-SUZUKI-GSX-S-1000-15-18/283049562279?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

my bike is a 16' F version. with PCV installed already.

planning to install it tomorrow by resting the bike on its side and carefully cut the pipe without uninstall the whole exhaust system.

I have read so many post now that I am really getting confuesd. can someone who have done this give me a straight answer.
If all I do is cut and install, am I expecting any problem? potential long-term damage to engine? worse mpg? I know its gona be much louder.

appriciate all your help!!!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
my pipe is here. finally!

DE-CAT DECAT Cat Eliminator Down Pipe Exhaust DOMINATOR SUZUKI GSX-S 1000 15-18

planning to install it tomorrow by resting the bike on its side and carefully cut the pipe without uninstall the whole exhaust system.

I have read so many post now that I am really getting confuesd. can someone who have done this give me a straight answer.
If all I do is cut and install, am I expecting any problem? potential long-term damage to engine? worse mpg? I know its gona be much louder.

appriciate all your help!!!

I would not rest the bike on its side - they are not meant to be horizontal, and laying it down with no damage is not that easy

Remove the exhaust - it only takes 20 minutes to remove the whole system - you will have to remove the silencer brackets and the can anyway

Loosen the radiator bolts and move the rad forward an inch or two, remove the 8 bolts holding the headers on and the whole system is off

Cutting will be much simpler with the exhaust off, and drilling and chiselling out the cat is much more difficult with the exhaust in situ.

No long term damage, but you should add some fuel to your map which will make your mpg potentially worse if you use the extra performance

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you PhuketPaul!

that is all I need to know. just went down to check the underside of my bike, I think might have to take it out to saw it due to the clearance issue. believe I saw a video of you taking out the fairing of your bike, but on mine, something just doesn't work... its such a bitch to remove the fairing. I will have a second attempt tonight. wish me luck :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remove the exhaust as Paul said, he also made the suggestion to me. It is so much easier cutting the pipe with it removed and it isn’t that difficult to remove.
Just finished, as the first time taking everything off and back on, it took me 10+ hours. but I did do the coolant flush as well.

The sound is much nicer now :). but at idle it's very rough. I suppose I need to srsly consider doing an ECU flash now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not find the thermostat cover air bolt. so I did not do that in the coolant change procedure, anyone knows if that is ok? I did top off the fluid as suggested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts