GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 GSX-S1000F. Does anyone know if the original OEM chain has a blue master link? I just got the bike with 25k and the chain and sprockets look great!

·
Registered
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000FA
92 Posts
Just curious, how have you checked it?
Check your sprocket teeth on the front and back and make sure they still have good peaks and valleys. Your chain you should first check the slack. How often do you clean your chain? If your chain is still within spec then you should be good. If it's noisy when riding the o rings are probably bad. When you have run out of adjustment for moving the wheel back due to chain stretch, its time for a new chain. I try to clean my chain about every 1000 miles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2016 GSX-S1000F. Does anyone know if the original OEM chain has a blue master link? I just got the bike with 25k and the chain and sprockets look great!
Fewick from Oz here,
My 2016 has done 65k km's on original chain & rear sprocket. Front 17T sprocket was replaced at 55k.
(7 sets of tyres though)
Chain cleaned & oiled with chainsaw bar oil at around 3k intervals.
Hope this is of interest.

Merry Christmas everyone 🎅🎅🎅

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just curious, how have you checked it?
With respect to the sprocket, a worn one will start to look like sharks teeth, not symmetrical. A worn chain will show kinking, damaged rings, or be stretched beyond adjustment marks. I really like Maxima Chain Wax. iMO it’s better than the lube type stuff that I used to use. They make a good cleaner too, although I haven’t used it since I put in a new fancy driveway, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts