GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Harbor Freight today and they had a Pittsburgh rear spool stand for $35usd.
Since I don't have one down south (where I keep my DL650) I decided to buy it and give it a try.
It actually looks like it might work, and is a very cheap alternative to the Pitt Bull stuff I own
I'm sure it's not nearly as durable or high quality, but $35 ??? As long as my bike doesn't fall over, :| it's a bargain. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've got that stand, sold under a different brand but definitely the same stand. It's way nicer than the other cheap stands made from steel tube. Problem is that it's juuuust the wrong width, so I had to flip one of the spool holders and trim it a bit. Hard to describe, I'll try to get a picture soon.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I also have the same stand sold under a different name. I wonder if they make other sizes because mine fits my spools fine when adjusted all the way out. I did round out the recess a little to take a fatter bobbin. Worked great for both my previous bike and also the gsxs. They try to sell those for $100 here in Aus but I get 50% discount on all my auto stuff. Still getting ripped compared to USA.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use a constand and or a pit bull rear stand look for a used one I tried a vanom rear and front on my zx1000sx but the venom front stand cracked the lower part off under the headlight plastic (I don’t know if I should have put the bike on the rear stand first or not....) so u returned them and picked up the the constand. I say there is always some one selling used stands on Craigslist

·
Registered
45 Posts
Anyone use a single sided rear stand for gsxs where the pin slides in the axle hole? If so, what pin size do I need and where's the best place to buy the pin. The reason I ask is that I inherited a single sided Black Widow stand and would like to use it if possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts