GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, i stuck my bike on a local dynojet dyno and discovered it makes 146bhp at the rear wheel :) But it can be a little snatchy so i decided to put a pcv on it to smooth out the throttle response sort the lean mixture out.

I fitted the pcv, but then thought why not stick a quickshifter on it as well:)

I bought one off of ebay, for a very reasonable £100ish from a german company and one which looks identical to a dynojet one, here:
Quickshifter Drucksensor SUZUKI GSXR1000 2005-2006 für PCIII | eBay

Once it arrived i cut down the original gear rod, no need to buy any rods, connected it up to the pcv, left the kill times at 65ms on the pcv and went for a ride!

Video here:

Sorry about the wind noise, it was extremely windy today:)

https://youtu.be/rahP-he4y8E

So if you have already plunged for a pcv and now want a quickshifter then £100 should do it for you.

Happy days:laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looking at the Air/Fuel ratio, it is really lean.
Is this with no map or with the supplied Dynojet map?
Did you get it tuned after this run?

You're making me want a quickshifter. Good mod.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looking at the Air/Fuel ratio, it is really lean.
Is this with no map or with the supplied Dynojet map?
Did you get it tuned after this run?

You're making me want a quickshifter. Good mod.
This was before putting the pcv on. I got a hold of another map from Frank Dynojet uk who sorted this one out:
Suzuki GSX-S1000 Dynojet Power Commander fit | Superbike Magazine

Interestingly, the map values are much different to the one on powercommanders website! Is there a difference between Europe and the rest of the world perhaps? But i am running Franks for now and it seems ok....

I have nearly finished my own dyno, so i will stick it on that and finish it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Any opportunity to have a copy of your map ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
222 Posts
No problem, its for a totally stock bike. pm me your email address and i will send it over.

Rob

Edit:

I have dropped it onto google drive for you all if you want it. This is Franks fuel map from dynojet uk for a stock bike

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ApFXH3RBbtb09jUXd2TDVlbUE/view?usp=sharing

THANKS! I continued to be amazed at the maps I am seeing. Yours takes out fuel more often than not and conventional thinking on this board is that they are way lean from Suzuki. ?????

I can't wait to see what my Autotune comes up with.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
THANKS! I continued to be amazed at the maps I am seeing. Yours takes out fuel more often than not and conventional thinking on this board is that they are way lean from Suzuki. ?????

Yes i agree, i dont understand why mine feels better, when Franks map takes fuel away??

However, one point to note is that the exhaust probe went in the rear of the end can, which depending on what you read may or may not give a falsly high lean mixture graph because of the cat.

Anyway once my dyno is finished i will let you know my findings.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes i agree, i dont understand why mine feels better, when Franks map takes fuel away??

However, one point to note is that the exhaust probe went in the rear of the end can, which depending on what you read may or may not give a falsly high lean mixture graph because of the cat.

Anyway once my dyno is finished i will let you know my findings.
Nice to see a very useful thread by an *observant* enthusiast.
Yes, a "sniffer"(wb-sensor) *after* the cat is not very useful as a measure for what is going on regarding actual AFR in the engine.
:)
Also, many thanks for sharing your map and experience.
:)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Thanks for posting this as i have also been wanting to see whats happening to other bikes fuel mixtures, interesting again like you say Lucky that it is taking fuel just like the dynojet map but i will admit this one looks a lot better than the dyno jet map how it seems to ease into changes throughout the map and the dyno jet ones just seems too aggressive with its changes.
It will be very interesting Lucky to see how it compares to yours and i think i am not too far away myself from getting one honestly with all this talk about it, screw the warranty but first its off to the shed to build a Dyno, :)

·
Registered
74 Posts

...may be it isn't so lean as you expect because head, valves and exhaust temperature may become too high and damage the engine.
Fuel in excess evaporating lowers the engine temperature.

and may be that in winter, as now in this part of the globe, the the A/F ratio is richer due to the low extern temperature.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks for sharing dude
, just downloaded it and i'm gonna load it into my PCv once i get a switch and have play between this and the stock map. :D:D

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
So, i stuck my bike on a local dynojet dyno and discovered it makes 146bhp at the rear wheel :) But it can be a little snatchy so i decided to put a pcv on it to smooth out the throttle response sort the lean mixture out.

I fitted the pcv, but then thought why not stick a quickshifter on it as well:)

I bought one off of ebay, for a very reasonable £100ish from a german company and one which looks identical to a dynojet one, here:
Quickshifter Drucksensor SUZUKI GSXR1000 2005-2006 für PCIII | eBay

Once it arrived i cut down the original gear rod, no need to buy any rods, connected it up to the pcv, left the kill times at 65ms on the pcv and went for a ride!

Video here:

Sorry about the wind noise, it was extremely windy today:)

https://youtu.be/rahP-he4y8E

So if you have already plunged for a pcv and now want a quickshifter then £100 should do it for you.

Happy days:laugh:

Any reason the dyno chart dont cross at 5250....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Seems like the recording started late..

I just switched to the map linked earlier in this thread because I remembered reading in another thread about other maps on dynojet UK website. Holy crap! This map is way better than the stock map from dynojet US

1 - 20 of 28 Posts