GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
So, i stuck my bike on a local dynojet dyno and discovered it makes 146bhp at the rear wheel :) But it can be a little snatchy so i decided to put a pcv on it to smooth out the throttle response sort the lean mixture out.

I fitted the pcv, but then thought why not stick a quickshifter on it as well:)

I bought one off of ebay, for a very reasonable £100ish from a german company and one which looks identical to a dynojet one, here:
Quickshifter Drucksensor SUZUKI GSXR1000 2005-2006 für PCIII | eBay

Once it arrived i cut down the original gear rod, no need to buy any rods, connected it up to the pcv, left the kill times at 65ms on the pcv and went for a ride!

Video here:

Sorry about the wind noise, it was extremely windy today:)

https://youtu.be/rahP-he4y8E

So if you have already plunged for a pcv and now want a quickshifter then £100 should do it for you.

Happy days:laugh:
Hi Bob,
I take it the one you have listed is the one that fits a GSX-S1000, how easy is it to fit ?, what wiring needs to be done. I am fitting a power commander at the weekend. Will it plug straight into this or do I need to get the Ignition module from Dynojet as well. :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Seems like the recording started late..

I just switched to the map linked earlier in this thread because I remembered reading in another thread about other maps on dynojet UK website. Holy crap! This map is way better than the stock map from dynojet US
What is your elevation? If you disable the O2 sensor with the PC5 then the bike can longer compensate for elevation changes?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi Bob,
I take it the one you have listed is the one that fits a GSX-S1000, how easy is it to fit ?, what wiring needs to be done. I am fitting a power commander at the weekend. Will it plug straight into this or do I need to get the Ignition module from Dynojet as well. :)
I fitted a cheap ebay jobby which is still working well. Fitting is really easy just follow the same wiring config for the dynojet shifter in the instructions. Its just a moment switch with two wires. As for the shift rod i just cut down the existing adn and ran a die down it cutting out what space the shifter took up. Its been a while so i cant recall the thread size.

I hope this helps... a little!

Bob

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hi Bob,
I take it the one you have listed is the one that fits a GSX-S1000, how easy is it to fit ?, what wiring needs to be done. I am fitting a power commander at the weekend. Will it plug straight into this or do I need to get the Ignition module from Dynojet as well.
I fitted a cheap ebay jobby which is still working well. Fitting is really easy just follow the same wiring config for the dynojet shifter in the instructions. Its just a moment switch with two wires. As for the shift rod i just cut down the existing adn and ran a die down it cutting out what space the shifter took up. Its been a while so i cant recall the thread size.

Bob
Do you have a link to these alternative shift switches?

·
Registered
117 Posts

Bob
Cheers Bob for reply, I thought that fitting was same as dynojet shifter but always better to get info from someone who has fitted it already, tread size is 6mm 1.0 already checked this out, got thread die already so will order shifter. thanks again. :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts