GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Did you reconnect the O² sensor and set valve after the cat delete?
O2 sensor is connected correctly. exhaust valve not reset. All i did was remove the cables from the pulley on the orgional headers and put them back on the replacment headers. seems like a right work up to do this!. i do have a servo eliminator which i have not tried yet

· Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi Hutchie,
If Cain's suggestion about the O2 sensor and SV were spot on, you would be saying that you had a yellow FI fuel injection light hard up and a code number if the diagnostic plug was connected with the short across the right terminals as referred in Gritty's post with the toggle switch.

I think the answer is a disturbed wiring harness going up to or behind the speedo unit.

From Gritty's Post 18:
" If CHEC is indicated, the LCD does not indicate the trouble code. (like C34 or something)
It is necessary to check the wiring harness between ECM and combination meter couplers" . Combination meter couplers means speedo head unit in Suzuki speak to me.

The speedo head unit has it's own electronics and power supply and the 'couplers' is the wiring harness, plug and sockets.
The ECU has by itself enough to make the bike run, and the speedo head is the information interface for us, Humans.

Rob.

· Registered
789 Posts
Beats me. Seems like the dash/combo meter not communicating, which may also explain the loss of gear indicators.
May need a dealer to fix? If nothing obvious with wiring.

· Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,470 Posts
You might already know this but the dash before _C00 indicates TPS setting error. Does it move when the engine is warm and running, it should be in the middle, -C00.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks to all who contributed with advice & comments,appreciated guys (y).
So after yesterday I retraced my steps and found everything to be connected correctly,phew. Better to be safe than sorry I guess. O2 sensor fitted and connected,all good. Radiator fan connection checked, all good. Servo eliminator fitted, connections all good. X-TRE power box wiring and connections checked all good. Quick shift wiring and connections checked all good.Battery condition ampage checked all good. ECU harness connections to module checked again! all good. Headlamp unit removed to check harness connections to dash all good. Started the bike up this mornong and all seems to be fine just got the TPS to adjust but that seems a simple enough job to do.
I called and spoke with Sean at GSG Performance who have come highly recomended and discussed getting the bike over to get the fuelling checked and ECU flashed etc. I also mentioned all of the above and he said he will have a deep dive into the ECU when I get it over to him. GSG Performance
Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fuel tank

· Registered
6 Posts
O2 sensor is fitted. I did not set the valve could that be the issue especially as I was was using a different set of OE headers. They were given to me by a mate he also gave me the Healtech servo eliminator but I did not install that either

I have put it into dealer mode but nothing changes I still have the check light on!
If the servo motor is no longer playing its part you will need to install the Healtech servo eliminator otherwise it will throw up an error.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
If the servo motor is no longer playing its part you will need to install the Healtech servo eliminator otherwise it will throw up an error.
Healtech servo eliminator now fitted. I had this on the bench as i was hoping not to use it but it works out an easier fix than having to strip out the servo motor and re-calibrate it.

· Registered
33 Posts
Not in gear. Side stand was up. Kill switch was on with key on. Now when I start it up there is nothing showing on the dash when gear is selected and bike is running on paddock stand. Temp gauge is showing high and TC setting is missing I’m ****in baffled now View attachment 45036
Not in gear. Side stand was up. Kill switch was on with key on. Now when I start it up there is nothing showing on the dash when gear is selected and bike is running on paddock stand. Temp gauge is showing high and TC setting is missing I’m ****in baffled now View attachment 45036
As the gear indicator, temp gauge and TC meter don't seem to be working right, it's possible that either you've trapped some wiring when replacing the tank or inadvertently disconnected a block connector. The picture here suggests an electrical problem to my mind.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts