GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
I like it because it is not that noticeable. Has anyone ever put the blue screen on a blue bike? I wonder how it would look.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like it because it is not that noticeable. Has anyone ever put the blue screen on a blue bike? I wonder how it would look.
Thanks. Thats why I chose the clear after looking at the dark smoke. Any color except clear will be more noticeable. The clear one does the job while being almost invisible from certain angles. I notice less pressure on my body at speed, which makes higher speeds more comfortable but I do notice a little more wind noise in my helmet...but my HJC helmet was not quiet to begin with.

My only complaint is the cost. $150 is pretty **** expensive for such a small screen. Unfortunately, we don't have many choices right now for the GSX-S1000.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Looking at the Puig wind tunnel testing literature it seems to be in line with your observations. The screen will take pressure off the torso while putting more on the helmet. But in the tucked position, the wind will flow right over the helmet.

Edit***
How was the install?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking at the Puig wind tunnel testing literature it seems to be in line with your observations. The screen will take pressure off the torso while putting more on the helmet. But in the tucked position, the wind will flow right over the helmet.

Edit***
How was the install?
Install was easy once you figured out the instructions, which are mostly pictograms. The instructions are in Italian. The secret is to keep the bracket screws a bit loose until you secure the two lower bolts. If you assemble the bracket tight, you won't have the wiggle room to get the bottom mounting screws started. I had to loosen the two top screws of the bracket to get the proper angle on my T-handle to get the bottom screws lined up. Once installed it looks like an OEM part and is rock solid. Installing this item will also teach you how to access your headlight bulb on a naked model.

·
Registered
71 Posts
To each his own about putting colored windscreens on the bike but I think this would change its overall silhouette. I'm going with this clear screen as well because it will maintain the look of the bike that attracted me to it in the first place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts