GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For some reason the American bikes come with yellow lenses. It was posted that the clear lenses from the 2015 DL1000A fit and indeed they do. The part numbers are 35612-08JA0 and 35632-08JA0. You'll need two each. For bulbs, I ran down to the local auto parts store and got 4 Sylvania 1156A longlife yellow bulbs. Job done.

Edit: There is a small thin tab about .10 X .15 of an inch that needs to be ground off each lens. I used my Dremel but a hand file or a razor knife would also work. Not sure why the tab is there, just to make it different I guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Russ, this is Ty. Saw you up at Newcombs this morning. Thx again for letting me try the bike on for size. Comfy.

Enjoy:)

Ty

·
Registered
39 Posts
For some reason the American bikes come with yellow lenses. It was posted that the clear lenses from the 2015 DL1000A fit and indeed they do. The part numbers are 35612-08JA0 and 35632-08JA0. You'll need two each. For bulbs, I ran down to the local auto parts store and got 4 Sylvania 1156A longlife yellow bulbs. Job done.

Edit: There is a small thin tab about .10 X .15 of an inch that needs to be ground off each lens. I used my Dremel but a hand file or a razor knife would also work. Not sure why the tab is there, just to make it different I guess.
Awesomeness!!! Thanks for saving me the research time! These will tie me over until I can figure out something a little sleeker and smaller (but still using the same stalk-base connection points).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check out the turn signals in the new GXSR-1000.
From pic's I've seen in new Sport Rider Mag they might fit into pockets on the GXS-S1000F.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks, Russ69!
I did this mod today and your post made it so easy.

One thing to note is that I thought one part number referred to the front lenses and the other to the back. I found that one part number was for the 2 left side lenses and the other was for the 2 on the right side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told at the dealership here in NZ the non abs model in the GSXF model had orange indicators and the abs model had the clear.

·
Registered
840 Posts
It was one of the first things I did as well. Love the look. That extra tab just snaps of cleanly with some pliers.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Awesome post. I'll be doing this as soon as I get my bike out of winter storage next season. Beats having to buy an integrated taillight, led/flush front signals, and a relay.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Just put on clear lenses on mine too, didn't think to check Suzuki for a factory part. Got mine on eBay from China. Quality of the lenses seem good, reusing the factory screw required me to sort of tap the hole with the screw, a real PITA and the screws they came with are small and don't seem to have a great bite. The lenses are keyed left and right, that might be the tab you refer to, if you put the left on the right it won't sit flat on the hook side.

·
Registered
153 Posts
In the past I have gone to clear aftermarket signals on my bike. For this bike I decided to leave the stock ones on with amber lenses because they are very bright and I feel safer. Are the clear lenses with amber bulbs as bright as the factory setup?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
In the past I have gone to clear aftermarket signals on my bike. For this bike I decided to leave the stock ones on with amber lenses because they are very bright and I feel safer. Are the clear lenses with amber bulbs as bright as the factory setup?
The clear lenses with amber bulbs or the bulbs I used: OSRAM Diadem bulbs should be just as bright as stock.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I took a comparison vid but the difference is not noticeable on video. The stock amber lense fully illuminates when it flashes, while the clear ones I have show a starburst pattern inside when flashing. Meaning you can tell there's a bulb inside. It's still bright, but looks noticeably different. Maybe Suzuki's factory clear lense does a better job dispersing the light? I mostly use my signals so I can loudly shout "yes I did use my ******* signal!"

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I took a comparison vid but the difference is not noticeable on video. The stock amber lense fully illuminates when it flashes, while the clear ones I have show a starburst pattern inside when flashing. Meaning you can tell there's a bulb inside. It's still bright, but looks noticeably different. Maybe Suzuki's factory clear lense does a better job dispersing the light? I mostly use my signals so I can loudly shout "yes I did use my ******* signal!"
That could be an indication that the clear lens doesn't disperse as much, but that might be a good thing. More forward light as opposed to light being thrown in every direction. Don't know... just a hypothesis.
:nerd:

·
Registered
538 Posts
They are exactly the same light, light output, wattage, shape and colour once illuminated.

You cannot compare China versions to Suzuki's own as they will not have been tested to the same standard. About all the cheap ones were designed for is to fit and that doesn't always work out with China's finest.

The only difference is that the road laws in America require an amber lens when new for whatever reason.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
My Yamaha Stratoliner came from the factory with clear lenses and amber bulbs. Pretty sure other new bikes come to the USA out of the factory with clear lenses. If it is a federal law, it isn't enforced apparently. I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for having clear lenses. Ever.

Maybe someone should tell Suzuki ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts