GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
I think if i was after that position i would go for a GSXR and then enjoy the extra 40 Hp and extra features for almost the same price bike but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Nakeds with clip ons can still be comfortable and badass if the bars are positioned right.
They will only be as comfortable as a sportsbike. Those pictures just show a sportsbike with no fairing and a cheap chinese headlight.
A proper naked has renthels

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think if i was after that position i would go for a GSXR and then enjoy the extra 40 Hp and extra features for almost the same price bike but that's just my opinion.

Agree, if I wanted clip-ons would definitely have gone for the GSXR rather. Rode the 2015/2016 GSXR model with 182Hp. Definitely pulled harder, greater topspeed, better performance in the bends, far better rear shock, got a slipper clutch and much smoother throttle. Unless, you specifically looking for a more racing style look without a fairing. Still, the look but without the extra performance...... :|

·
Registered
328 Posts
If you REALLY wanted to go clip-ons, why not see if you can get the 2016 GSXR frontend to fit? Instant clip-ons and big piston forks for extra bling (and performance) factor. Better brakes too. It's more of a safety upgrade than anything else if you need to sell it to the missus!!!

G

·
Hey Nicks,

I'm with you man, I purchased the GSX-S1000FZ, I like the look, I like the agility, but at 6' tall I'm finding that I catch the wind square in the visor. I live in corners and my previous bike is the SV1000s (which I love). There's two reasons I'd like to switch the bars. First it would lower the bars to the point that I'm not catching the wind in those corners and second, it would add my style of customization to the bike. I'm not going to tell you that you're missing the point of the bike because your riding style IS NOT MY BUSINESS. Everyone should ride as they are most comfortable and I don't find the super sport all that comfortable. I do not think it turns the bike into something as comparable to the GSX-R but I do think that there is a comfortable middle ground as I experienced with my SV.
Unfortunately, I haven't got an answer to the problem yet, I'll be looking into converting over the winter months. Plenty of other customization to do prior since I still have my SV to play in corners. Best of luck finding a solution

1 - 12 of 12 Posts