GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 gsx s1000 naked.
I replaced broken clutch lever and now the clutch will not disengage even with full adjustment on the bars.
I dropped my bike and broke the clutch lever but it was still OK before I changed lever.

·
Registered
441 Posts
2018 gsx s1000 naked.
I replaced broken clutch lever and now the clutch will not disengage even with full adjustment on the bars.
I dropped my bike and broke the clutch lever but it was still OK before I changed lever.
Do you get tension on the lever when you pull it ?
Did the bike drop from standing still ?
Check for any damage to the clutch release arm and cable down the left side of the bike near the sprocket cover. ( after the drop. )
If you are saying that the lever was functioning as normal, apart from being broke, before the change and then after the change it was not functioning, then go back and check everything you did to make sure the install was correct.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything feels good. Tension and movement on the arm and shaft and I even put the broken lever back on and it does not work now. The only other thing was I tried to move the position of lever to the splined shaft but it would not release even after I slackened off the locking bolt and tried to open up the gap with a big screw driver.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ok i'll send you some pics via msg of the clutch push rod / clutch release camshaft - removal and installation procedure from my service manual, might help and could be a good starting point to isolate your problem.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,432 Posts
Everything feels good. Tension and movement on the arm and shaft and I even put the broken lever back on and it does not work now. The only other thing was I tried to move the position of lever to the splined shaft but it would not release even after I slackened off the locking bolt and tried to open up the gap with a big screw driver.
You have to remove the bolt before the arm will come off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The bike is back running but I don't know what the problem was .
Cured it by setting up as per handbook with about 3 mm play at hand lever then put the front wheel against the wall engaged first gear holding in the clutch. When it started the bike it stalled but the next time it was fine.
Took it out for a run and all seems well.
Thanks to you guys for your assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts