GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody a adjusted there clutch on the engine side rather than at the bars? I always think Adjustment at the bars is only fine and it's better to do it at the engine side. It looks kind of awkward to get at and a very small in length spanner is needed. Has anyone managed to do it ? I just want to get rid of that clunk into for st gear....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did adjust mine when i replaced the front sprocket,and yes i thought it was a bit tight to get in at.

What i did was loosen the clutch lever adjuster and removed the cable from the lever.

removed the sprocket cover bolts.

This allowed me to pull the sprocket cover off and allowed more room to get in and loosen the locking nut and adjust the tensioning bolt in the sprocket cover.

When reassembling everything i found it easier to push the sprung lever on the sprocket cover in by hand,which allowed some free play in the cable which made it much easier to hook back into the clutch lever.

·
Registered
249 Posts
mine was adjusted all the way out on the engine side so i just moved the clutch arm one over on the spline which gave me a finer adjustment for my needs.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'm not sure if adjusting the clutch will get rid of that clunk ,it happens on most bikes and if your bikes not surging forward when the clutch is fully in then the plates have disengaged.
I also dislike the clunk and had it on my previous bikes and hear it on other bikes and I have learned to just leave the bike in first gear all the time unless warming it up then it's in neutral while I gear up .

Reactions: tonyt

·
Registered
81 Posts
mine was adjusted all the way out on the engine side so i just moved the clutch arm one over on the spline which gave me a finer adjustment for my needs.
I did the same

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did adjust mine when i replaced the front sprocket,and yes i thought it was a bit tight to get in at.

What i did was loosen the clutch lever adjuster and removed the cable from the lever.

removed the sprocket cover bolts.

This allowed me to pull the sprocket cover off and allowed more room to get in and loosen the locking nut and adjust the tensioning bolt in the sprocket cover.

When reassembling everything i found it easier to push the sprung lever on the sprocket cover in by hand,which allowed some free play in the cable which made it much easier to hook back into the clutch lever.
I just bought a 16 tooth front sprocket for a little more low end. Why did you replace the front sprocket?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have no need for the top speed on the naked GSX-S.So on went a sixteen tooth sprocket to increase the drive out of corners and boy does it make a difference the TC light blinks like crazy when nailing it mid corner(setting 1) the acceleration is eye watering.:D

One drawback is that the throttle has become so much more responsive highlighting the snatchy throttle that a lot of owners are complaining about.It is particulary bad between 30mph-40mph but as most of my riding is done outside built up areas i can live with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts