GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I release the clutch lever the lever doesn't feel like it has enough tension to fully extend. It isn't in the friction zone so it's not causing trouble but I find myself tapping the lever to fully extend it. Is there an adjustment that I can make to firm this up a little? It's almost like the spring in the lever isn't strong enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I just recently got my gsx-s1000 and I'm trying to adjust the cable not on the lever but the other end of the cable, is there a special tool to fit on that tight space?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hi I just recently got my gsx-s1000 and I'm trying to adjust the cable not on the lever but the other end of the cable, is there a special tool to fit on that tight space?

Seeing that your bike is so new, just pop back into the Dealership and ask the Mechanics. The tank and air box could well have to come off to get a hand into there to release the clutch end of the cable, but I doubt that adjustment is at all necessary.

The external adjustments at the splined shaft arm area is what is easily assessable, so look there first. It is easy to stuff up a clutch and I really surprised that you can't get a 2 - 4 mm gap at the lever unless the cable crimping at either end is faulty which would be one in a million today.
Those internal clutch springs are very strong and really push the inner cable back up to the handlebar hard.
Rob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts