GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Clutch safety switch

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bobsprint2 
#1 ·
Recently purchased a GSXS 750 and the previous owner removed the clutch safety switch by cutting the wires from the switch on the clutch lever perch leaving two wires exposed out of the wire loom. I purchased a new clutch safety switch and need to splice the wires to the correct modular plug needed to plug into the switch. I need to source this plug, please advise where I might purchase one.
Thanks,

#2 ·
Hi and welcome to this Forum,
Congratulations on your buying choice of a GSX-S750.
As you have the new switch, you should see that there are 2 brass male blade's to connect the loom to.
There is no plug as such, Suzuki use cheap brass spade right angle connectors with a black PVC over each spade connector with the wire crimped on.
You can buy these at any hardware or auto spare parts place.

If you can see the the 2 original wires coming out of the loom at the clutch switch and they are not joined together there, then some where else there will have been modifications to the wiring as I think the clutch switch contact closes when the lever is pulled in.
Suzuki esi start, doesn't need the clutch lever pulled in today, so as long as the gears are in neutral it will start.
A current wiring diagram of a 1000 would help as it's a common system across Suzuki models.

Rob.

#4 ·
Hi and welcome to this Forum,
Congratulations on your buying choice of a GSX-S750.
As you have the new switch, you should see that there are 2 brass male blade's to connect the loom to.
There is no plug as such, Suzuki use cheap brass spade right angle connectors with a black PVC over each spade connector with the wire crimped on.
You can buy these at any hardware or auto spare parts place.

If you can see the the 2 original wires coming out of the loom at the clutch switch and they are not joined together there, then some where else there will have been modifications to the wiring as I think the clutch switch contact closes when the lever is pulled in.
Suzuki esi start, doesn't need the clutch lever pulled in today, so as long as the gears are in neutral it will start.
A current wiring diagram of a 1000 would help as it's a common system across Suzuki models.
Thanks for getting back to me, need another item, the oem stock clutch perch??
Rob.

#3 ·
Do the GSX-S750's not have the easy start system? I really like not having to pull the clutch lever in to start the bike. Makes it easy to start the bike when I've got my helmet or something else in my left hand.

OP, if the previous owner of your bike cut the clutch switch wires, I'd assume he did it so he wouldn't have to pull the clutch in to start the bike. In order to make this modification work, he would've had to connect those two cut wires together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.