GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just bought Renthal Street Naked bars for my 2018 750. Im 6'4" and sick of odd angle on the stock bars and numb fingers/sore wrists. BUT.....of course cables and brake lines didn't stretch. Thinking adding 3" will do it, but I can't find the length of the stock cables/lines anywhere. Searched on here and internet.
I know I can just take everything off and measure, but I prefer to buy before taking anything off.

Also...if anyone knows how to get the Nakeds to work without redoing the cables and lines, that would be great too :)

Appreciate any help in advance.

OGsx

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Looks like my reply is all your going to get as the 750 is a rare bird around here.
When I had your bike last year in my garage, I too looked at the possibilities of raising the bar upwards with aftermarket extender's, & found the cables are like violin stings taut, especially the clutch cable.
I gave the idea away. As I found for my comfort zone, the 750 is a shrunken physical dimension version of the 1000 in more ways than engine size.
One of the reason's I returned to a GSX-S1000 as it's a larger bike, giving the touring option over the 750 more cramped build.

I think the 750 more suits someone around 5' 8" up to 6 foot, and preferably with a teenagers frame IF you want to spend hours on it touring rather than scratching.

Rob.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like my reply is all your going to get as the 750 is a rare bird around here.
When I had your bike last year in my garage, I too looked at the possibilities of raising the bar upwards with aftermarket extender's, & found the cables are like violin stings taut, especially the clutch cable.
I gave the idea away. As I found for my comfort zone, the 750 is a shrunken physical dimension version of the 1000 in more ways than engine size.
One of the reason's I returned to a GSX-S1000 as it's a larger bike, giving the touring option over the 750 more cramped build.

I think the 750 more suits someone around 5' 8" up to 6 foot, and preferably with a teenagers frame IF you want to spend hours on it touring rather than scratching.

Rob.
"teenagers frame" haha, yeah no kidding...The QA guy at Suzuki must have been 5'5", smh. Either way I really appreciate the feedback Rob. Yeah I'm 6'4" and absolutely got killed from the handlebar narrowness and sweep. Numb fingers, sore wrists. I ended up going with the Protaper Carmichaels and cut off 13 mm, I probably should have cut off 20 mm. Turning dead right is little tight on the throttle cables, but better to cut off not enough than cut off too much. Love the feel of them so far. First ride tomorrow, so I will see I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts