328 Posts
Hello and welcome from New Zealand!

She's mighty impressive, eh? Enjoy!

Reactions: Joehotpiscopo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My only problem is keeping this darlin' under 6000 rpm for the break-in period. It's killing me. Thankfully, I already have 170 miles on it. Love it!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I hear ya! That first redline run is going to be so saweeet!!!

A car guy that is a friend of mine informed me of this technique that he came across that he uses for his car engines. Turns out it is specific for motorcycles, and doesn't actually veer too far from what the Suzuki factory manual states. Well done Suzuki!

https://rideapart.com/articles/how-to-break-in-a-new-motorcycle-engine

My only problem is keeping this darlin' under 6000 rpm for the break-in period. It's killing me. Thankfully, I already have 170 miles on it. Love it!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Welcome , don't be shy, a squirt here and there will not hurt it and it may even do it good

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome from the C-Bus metro area. O-H! Which dealer? I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago from ASK on the east side.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear ya! That first redline run is going to be so saweeet!!!

A car guy that is a friend of mine informed me of this technique that he came across that he uses for his car engines. Turns out it is specific for motorcycles, and doesn't actually veer too far from what the Suzuki factory manual states. Well done Suzuki!

https://rideapart.com/articles/how-to-break-in-a-new-motorcycle-engine

Great article, thanks for posting!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome , don't be shy, a squirt here and there will not hurt it and it may even do it good
I agree. I definitely exceeded the recommended Rev a few times but not for long periods.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree. I definitely exceeded the recommended Rev a few times but not for long periods.

The worst thing to do is to labour the engine. Agree with small bursts every now and again but build them up slowly. It will free up the engine, and you don't want a tight engine, do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't know what color the fibrin is but I have the same mat gray and LIKES it. Fastest Color

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey buddy! Same dealer I bought from, ASK Powersports. Second bike I've bought there
Did your bike have maybe 2-3 miles on it? It may be the same bike that I took for a quick test spin. I was wavering because of all of the bad reviews due to throttle issues. Don't worry. Because it had zero miles on it I only took it up to 5-6K once or twice. I didn't beat on it. >:D

I ended up having them order an ABS model for me. Long story......

I apologize if this is a double post. I thought that I posted earlier but don't see it now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Did your bike have maybe 2-3 miles on it? It may be the same bike that I took for a quick test spin. I was wavering because of all of the bad reviews due to throttle issues. Don't worry. Because it had zero miles on it I only took it up to 5-6K once or twice. I didn't beat on it. >:D

I ended up having them order an ABS model for me. Long story......

I apologize if this is a double post. I thought that I posted earlier but don't see it now.
Hahahaha! Hilarious!! Yep! Mine had exactly 3 miles on it when I bought it! Also, I have not had a problem with the throttle, I acutally kinda like it that way. A little clutch massaging and it's all good to go!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did that include tax and title?
Well, there was a lot of wheeling and dealing. That was the base price but I had a trade-in, downpayment and they paid the tax/title/license because they initially said the bike was on promotion for 0% financing for 60 months and then said it WASN'T part of that promotion. I made them give me some "stuff"

1 - 20 of 32 Posts