GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking in to an upgrade for the front forks and not entirely sure about comparing similar options. I think I'll look at the cartridges but what additional improvement would you expect from a complete front fork assembly? And how much difference does the cartridge piston size make?

For example, I see Nitron make 22mm cartridges, 25mm cartridges and a 43mm set of forks. Will the complete fork assembly offer that much more? And assuming I'll stick with the cartridges, is the 25mm a great step up from the 22mm? or say a 20mm to a 30mm that I've seen with other brands.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a set of 2016 gsxr600 forks I just rebuilt. They are a little shorter, but a vastly better fork overall to the stock gsxs750. Everything measures out and seems like it will be a straight swap.

As soon as I get a rear shock sorted, I will swap them out then and see how they feel

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm looking in to an upgrade for the front forks and not entirely sure about comparing similar options. I think I'll look at the cartridges but what additional improvement would you expect from a complete front fork assembly? And how much difference does the cartridge piston size make?

For example, I see Nitron make 22mm cartridges, 25mm cartridges and a 43mm set of forks. Will the complete fork assembly offer that much more? And assuming I'll stick with the cartridges, is the 25mm a great step up from the 22mm? or say a 20mm to a 30mm that I've seen with other brands.
I've just purchased the Maxton SD 25 cartridges ,
IMG_20201104_101523.jpg
IMG_20201104_101554.jpg
IMG_20201104_101551.jpg
IMG_20201104_101340.jpg

·
Registered
217 Posts
How does this work?

one has compression adjustment the other rebound? Howddo they link up- confused 😕

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
They don’t
The frame and triple clamps are rigid enough to allow you to have compression in one fork and rebound in the other. Well, that’s the theory. Yamaha have been doing it for ages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
They don’t
The frame and triple clamps are rigid enough to allow you to have compression in one fork and rebound in the other. Well, that’s the theory. Yamaha have been doing it for ages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did think this but it seems regardless of triple clamp strength it must be unbalanced ; guess there's experts that know better - gonna have to Dave Moss it 😁

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got mine in (after a bit of drama) and just finished my first track day with them and I can assure you they work flawlessly separated. Great improvement over stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts