GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
With that giant top box on there, you are worried about the aesthetics of the fender? :D

Not that I'm bashing the top box, I got a giant UFO Shad on my FJR, and I freaking love it, but these bikes are more utility creatures. Pipe looks nice though. I've passed on a few opportunities for pipes for my sport touring machine but I like the stealth of the thing. I bet yours sounds really good though.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With that giant top box on there, you are worried about the aesthetics of the fender? :D

Not that I'm bashing the top box, I got a giant UFO Shad on my FJR, and I freaking love it, but these bikes are more utility creatures. Pipe looks nice though. I've passed on a few opportunities for pipes for my sport touring machine but I like the stealth of the thing. I bet yours sounds really good though.
I only use the top case around town. It is the small kawasaki top case only 39L. Rest of the time the side bags are on the bike. I don't dislike the rear fender but a friend has a eliminator kit he removed from his C14 and I thought I'd give it a try. I avoid rain for the most part unless traveling. On the C14 the swap between the two is minimal work. The pipe is not loud even with DB insert out. The CAT is still in stock header. The pipe sound is deep and mellow with a little rumble. Not loud at all in fact I wish it were a little louder.

I only did the pipe change to lose the weight but it was a very ugly stock pipe with side bags removed.:eek:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Man best way to lose weight, 14 lbs to be exact!

Time to lose that rear fender to.
I wanted a Connie for a while. My dealer has a brand new left over 16 for cheap. But the fjr, although has less power, has cruise control and other features not found on the kawi?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted a Connie for a while. My dealer has a brand new left over 16 for cheap. But the fjr, although has less power, has cruise control and other features not found on the kawi?
Yes you are correct. I shopped for a FJR at same time as the C14. Just couldn’t find a decent deal on the FJRs. I git this 2012 C14 one owner with only 5800miles on it $1500 below the going price at the time on these things. I’m in it cheap and hate putting any money into it. It was unfortunately one of the valve cover leakers so common on the Kawasaki’s. I ordered the parts and did the work myself. It’s done right! I love the brute power on the highway this thing has. It tours at 100 mph plus with ease.

I’ve owned Yamaha’s and they are superior in quality over Kawasaki. Even suzuki is better than Kawasaki lol wish suzuki made a bike like this with the busa motor in it I’d be all over it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts