GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think you are trying to stay with a lighter, fun bike, but I owned a 2007 Bandit 1250S back in 2007.
When the magazine test say the motor felt like an electric motor they weren’t lying.
It was just instant torque right off the bat!
Comfortable seating position and sort of sporty if you aren’t trying to drag a knee or anything at that level.
But being a short man I soon longed for a lighter, sportier bike again.
I do miss that motor though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
14RS3, I get your sentiment (y)
The thing is that for us short men is very hard to handle a big bike in the 1000cc ~ 1400cc range. To me is a real workout to get my GSXS1000 out of the garage.
That's why I don't get rid of my Grom 125cc that feels like a bicycle. Many times I just need to go quickly to get something to the nearest super market.
I think the Z650cc will fit me right for street ridding (commuting to work). Light about 410 lbs (less than my CB500F), nimble, quick, low seat 31.1", powerful, easy to walk it, great 58 MPG, great 0-60, about 46 MPH in 1st gear, 68 HP, etc.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I always felt the Suzuki was a fairly low bike until i started riding with an older gentleman who had to lower a Harley Fat Bob. The **** thing is almost at ground level. At 5'11 and 225 pounds the gsx-s feels like a toy. Not that i'd want to push it up a mountain track.
Speaking of older blokes and Harleys, most of them are skinny or overweight and somewhat physically dysfunctional.
How do they push around those 800 pound monsters? I guess a low centre of gravity would help but still....
I believe being physically strong and adept helps with riding a motorcycle and of course life in general.
Many told me that beginners always drop their first bike, mine was a gs500 and i've always been fit and strong, i haven't yet owned a bike that i couldn't pick up off of the floor (at least on a barbell). Still yet to even get close to dropping a bike after 6 years and 3 bikes later. Of course simple accidents can happen and it may just happen to me. But it won't be because of my physical limitations.

·
Registered
23 Posts
14RS3, I get your sentiment (y)
The thing is that for us short men is very hard to handle a big bike in the 1000cc ~ 1400cc range. To me is a real workout to get my GSXS1000 out of the garage.
That's why I don't get rid of my Grom 125cc that feels like a bicycle. Many times I just need to go quickly to get something to the nearest super market.
I think the Z650cc will fit me right for street ridding (commuting to work). Light about 410 lbs (less than my CB500F), nimble, quick, low seat 31.1", powerful, easy to walk it, great 58 MPG, great 0-60, about 46 MPH in 1st gear, 68 HP, etc.
At 5’6” my GSXS1000 feels about right to me but my RMZ-450 has me thinking about getting a KX100 instead! I know I would probably miss the power of the 450 though, especially since I ride with a friend who has a modified Raptor 700 quad.
I tell myself that if Ricky Carmichael can be the Goat at my height than I can stop being a wuss and enjoy my 450!
But being 50 this year has also brought some new aches and pains with it!

·
Registered
173 Posts
For me, i would miss the power going with a street triple. I can’t go down on power now. The gsxs is smooth but powerfull at low rpm (except a bit snatchy, but that can be fixed), not too sure about your complaint. It just has so much more if you rev it, but you don’t have to. Perhaps the speed tripple would dot it better for me. But My suz checks more boxes (for me anyways).

21 - 24 of 24 Posts