GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 476 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I find it very disturbig that it is almost impossible to hold constant speed (any gear) till aprox. 45. It is like on/off. Do you have similar issues?

Regards

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sounds like the twitchy, snatchy, over sensitive throttle response to me. I wouldn't describe it quite like the OP, but it's pretty hard to keep a constant throttle at low revs.

·
Registered
437 Posts
If its through 30 mph limits I found I have two choices, 2nd gear higher revs rapid get away heading out the 30's or 4th gear lower revs and fast get away going out the 30's

·
Registered
37 Posts
Throttle issue

There's definitely a problem with the fueling on mine, having owned a few Suzuki's over the years I have never come across this before and dare i say it a little dangerous. For instance I took a fast right bend with a few bumps and my right hand starting to move up and down with suspension and before you know it the thing turned into a Bucking Bronco! I've tried adjusting throttle free play and suspension settings, even lower tyre pressures but too no avail. It gets annoying, especially when sometimes you want to ride sedately or have a pillion on board. I believe its a fueling flaw and Suzuki should sort it. Other than that it's a great bike!!:)oh, the select button for the traction control has just got stuck!! Back too the dealer then.:(

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yep, that pretty well sums up my experience too. Strange that sometimes it seems worse than others though. It's not a huge problem, more an annoyance really, but I do agree that it could and should be better. The S1000R I rode had a perfectly smooth throttle across the whole rev range, so it can be achieved.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Love the bike but compared to my Honda Hornet 900 and my SV1000 the throttle response spoils it.
I am a very experienced rider and never before have I stalled bikes on a regular basis when using them on uneven and bumpy terrain where personal safety is paramount and relies on a delicate control of brakes clutch and throttle .
In truth, I suppose from a consideration of safety on loose and wet roads. the throttle response makes the bike "not fit for purpose" .
Why don't we as a group put pressure on Suzuki to improve the throttle response? Any one any ideas how to go about this? With the throttle 'dulled' the bike would be truly marvelous and Mr Suzuki would have produced a bike to be justifiably proud of.
I must emphasise that it is the love of this bike that drives me to be so critical and my desire to make this bike the best I have ever owned.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Has anyone tried a bazzaz or power commander? Could it just be running way lean on the bottom and rich up top like most bikes these days for emissions? Perhaps an auto tune map and maybe a throttle tamer would sort everything out? Those were my plans anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Everyone is complaining about the throttle, the FZ-09 had the same issue. So people starting getting the ECU flashed and it took care of their issues.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Suzuki GSX-S1000 review
Please read this , the test rider has got this spot on especially about the throttle. I know we keep going on about power commanders etc, but Suzuki has got to fix this flaw. I've owned Bandits and busa's with a lovely smooth response , as the guy say's it's like trying to put milk in a cup of tea from a bucket, you'll eventually get the hang of it but it isn't right. If it was a car you would take it straight back too the dealer. I took mine back but with no joy, they told me to try put it in traction mode 3 lol. I agree with titters we should all start putting pressure on Suzuki to get it sorted because at the end of the day it is a fantastic piece of machinery , spoiled only by it's throttle response!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Traction control shouldn't have to be used to compensate for errors in the ecu,s mapping and doesn't ,I always use mine in mode 3 and compared to some riders may drive more conservatively for much of the time. The other day I was heading towards a speed camera van and encountered some roughness in the road. Before I could do anything about it the bike hurled its way to an indicted 37 mph. I s my lively throttle a reasonable excuse for a plea of not guilty? I will be niffed if I get a speeding fine due to this snatchy throttle. I occationaly visit a relative with an t track road down to their house. Returning I stalled the bike several times for fear of pulling great wheelies on the hill on this rutted and bumpy track, I have never done this on my Honda or sv1000.
Still loving the bike but Suzuki need to improve it.
Suggest we should on a world wide basis write to Suzuki and being the Honourable people I believe Suzuki engineers to be hope that whoever has the power will feel compelled to addres our concerns and provide a solution. Any thoughts anybody?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm waiting for DynoJet to tell me when either the PCV or fuel commander is released. I'm also waiting on a re-flash company to let me know when they have a solution available. Once I have some options, I'll decide what to do.

Pressurising Suzuki to do something about it is a nice idea, but in reality any fix is going to mean considerable R&D and testing for them which is unlikely to happen.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Bumpy roads on this bike is a nightmare. I did mention the throttle to a dealer after my first test ride and he just said it's normal for all bikes and it's because I wasn't used to it, and gave me the impression that I was a new rider. I didn't buy from him in the end.
Dealer I did buy from acknowledged the throttle wasn't ideal but couldn't offer any solution other than tuning it myself. I have got used to it to a certain degree but every now and then it catches me out and it can be quite violent sometimes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yes i agree bumpy roads are a nightmare on this bike, I am writing to Suzuki about this problem as it's a safety issue. Hope others will as well.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I just spoke to Nicki at suzuki customer svcs and she is highlighting it to technical dept.
Told them to look at this forum and read all about it.
Takes a gentle push to start a ball rolling so come on guys take 5 mins make a call and see if we cant get suzuki to make our bikes perfect

·
Registered
724 Posts
I just spoke to Nicki at suzuki customer svcs and she is highlighting it to technical dept.
Told them to look at this forum and read all about it.
Takes a gentle push to start a ball rolling so come on guys take 5 mins make a call and see if we cant get suzuki to make our bikes perfect
Thing is all the bike mags who have tested the bike reported there was a problem with the throttle even on the press bikes months ago before they were in the dealers showrooms... Suzuki knew there was a problem but chose not to sort it out.
Very poor service if you ask me..:|

1 - 20 of 476 Posts