GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. Looking for bit of advice. I have 2019 Gsxs f with only 2670 miles from new. Is it total overkill to do a coolant flush on a bike of such low milage. I know it says on manual to change every two years. Any advice out there trying to keep workshop costs down here in the USA. Thanks guys.

· Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2020 GSXS 1000ZAMO my Z has less then 600 miles on bike do I need to worry about the coolant as I live in New England and my bike is in the garage but it's been -6 degrees here I don't want anything to freeze as I let it sleep for winter!

· Registered
2016 f
696 Posts
long life coolant is good for 7yrs, for those in colder climates i suggest draining about 500mls and topping it up with more concentrate to increase freeze resistence, 50/ 50 will be as concentrated as needed, i think almost any coolant will be sweet for 4yrs

· Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
221 Posts
Thanks for the feed back
For me, I check mine with a anti-freeze gauge (one with the little balls in it) yearly. Once they show a difference in reading, I change mine. Most motorcycles aren't rode a lot, so I adjust my maintenance as I think needed.

Reactions: pilninggas

· Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2020 GSXS 1000ZAMO is what title says it has 650 miles on bike I haven't done anything to it in going to bring it in this year to get it serviced for the first time as I haven't ridden it really but have warranty on bike as I bought it brand new I'm going to call dealer tomorrow and see about getting it serviced soon as I live in New England and we are just starting to get out of winter season here

· Registered
21 Posts
it should have its 1st service by that milage
Ok thank you for the info on service I have all the paper work on bike as I paid cash for it and was going to dig out the manual and the other book that's in a plastic holder under rear seat see what that says if anything about taken it in for its first service but you answered that as I do remember the guy telling me to bring it in after I put over 500 miles on bike thanks again I will call them today and see when I can drop it off to Dealer I bought it from.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.