GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I鈥檓 from the UK so what type of coolant do you guys use and do you have a link where I can buy it from please 馃檹

Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
Reactions: Lee

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I spoken to the dealer and they鈥檝e suggested motal coolant soo that鈥檒l do for me 馃憤
I鈥檝e read the manual etc and I鈥檝e been on this planet long enough to know they never give out the exact brand needed. Only the spec 馃馃馃馃馃き

Registered
Well, they usually suggest the house brand. Which is probably a safe bet.
They give the specs, but they also say: (if you had read the manual). :cautious: "SUZUKI SUPER LONG LIFE COOLANT鈥 or 鈥淪UZUKI LONG LIFE COOLANT鈥
I guess you need to spend some more time on the planet. That's not a bad thing is it?

Registered
I鈥檝e read the manual...they never give out the exact brand needed.
Then you know exactly what Suzuki recommends is not Motal because they give the exact brand recommended.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Then you know exactly what Suzuki recommends is not Motal because they give the exact brand recommended.
Not in England they don鈥檛 buddy. The dealer said and I quote: we don鈥檛 bother with the advised coolant when this is just as good and a lot cheaper too. He also added that they use motal coolant in ALL their bikes. (Their words not mine) 馃憤

Registered
Not in England they don鈥檛 buddy.
You get a different owner manual then? Interesting that the UK manual is missing pertinent info other locations are not. My bad, I assumed (there's that word) your manual was the same as mine. Sounds like not.

I did a search for motal coolant. The closest I found is Motul. I assume (there is that word again) you are mis-spelling the manufacturer?

The dealer said and I quote: we don鈥檛 bother with the advised coolant when this is just as good and a lot cheaper too.
What testing criteria did the dealer use to reach this conclusion? Just curious what the dealer's basis is for the conclusion they have given and you repeat. Who knows, Motul may be made or Suzuki is rebranded in the same facility.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts