GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody that owns a Corbin gunfighter can comment on the comfort vs the stock seat?
My wife dosen't complain and I'm good for about 1.5hrs until I want to get off for a bit with the stock seat.
Just wondering the comfort for the passenger vs stock seat and the driver also.
Is it worth the money?

Thanks
Peter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anybody that owns a Corbin gunfighter can comment on the comfort vs the stock seat?
My wife dosen't complain and I'm good for about 1.5hrs until I want to get off for a bit with the stock seat.
Is it worth the money?

Thanks
Peter
Is it worth the money?

Thanks
Peter
Hey there Peter,
IMHO absolutely worth the money. I have a '16 model, purchased the corbin "lady gunfighter" & have had no regrets since. So much more comfortable than the stock seat for both my wife and myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your welcome Sir, along with the seat being so much more comfy it also looks cool with all the options offered. I chose the black "carbon fiber" look along with red stiching to match my black/red f model. Highly recommend the carbon fiber option for our bikes as they are not slick & help with the grip when twisting hard on the throttle, lol.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh, the Gunfighter is WORLDS more comfortable that that stock torture rack that Suzuki calls a seat. The stocker is like sitting on a Dickens novel turned upright, and tells the same story of pain and suffering. Lol.

In my opinion, the Corbin beats both the stocker and the Saddlemen seat. (I've owned both.)

My gripes with the Corbin are a) the absolutely ridiculous pricing from the Corbin factory, b) it could stand to be a little softer, and c) on the regular Gunfighter the pillion space becomes useless for cargo/tailbag.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey there Peter,
IMHO absolutely worth the money. I have a '16 model, purchased the corbin "lady gunfighter" & have had no regrets since. So much more comfortable than the stock seat for both my wife and myself.

Fastsloth

Was it noticeably more comfortable right away or did you need a break in period?

Thanks
Peter

·
Registered
403 Posts
Just a shout out for the Saddlemen seat. I have had mine on for 24000 miles. Its lighter and cheaper. It just works for me. I have not tried a Corbin on this bike, 2016 F, because I haven’t needed too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fastsloth

Was it noticeably more comfortable right away or did you need a break in period?

Thanks
Peter
Corbin states the seat will break in but I really didn't notice any difference in time although not needed. For me it was night & day from day one. Again even with the high price no regrets for me Peter. I did research the saddleman seats & Rusty sounds very pleased with his but in the end I had to pull the trigger on the Corbin. Having rode street bikes for 40 years now & working in motorcycle dealerships for the last 16 my personal experience for ordering, receiving, fit, finish & comfort rates it a 10. I understand its a tough decision though, I mulled it over for months before ordering the seat, lol. If I can provide any additional info to help please hit me up, maybe some other members can chime in as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts