GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the GSX delivered to my house last Fall with zero km's and only put 30 on it before Winter set in but I took the off-season to make some cosmetic changes, provided a current and before pics

2015 M109R BOSS Mirrors
PUIG Levers
Pyramid Meter Cover
Ermax Seat Cover
Pyramid Tire Hugger
Creese Fender Eliminator
MotoLed Signals
Oxford Plate Light
Buell Foot Pegs
Powdercoated Rear Sets, Exhaust Shield and Muffler End Cap
Front Fender off a 2014 GSX-R750 50th Anniversary
All decals removed and "S" replaced with a red one.

The only mechanical upgrade was EBC Double H pads on the front.
I am happy with how it turned out but I am considering wrapping the front forks in black to do away with the Gold.

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
looks sick....except for the red color :) !! just kidding.

Is that the ermax seat cowl? I bought the 2 tone blue one and have found the black paint they put on it very fragile. I am going to have to repair mine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is the Ermax rear hugger, bought through a vender on this site Moto Machines.
I have no paint issues but I put a good amount of clear 3M on the tail section where the seat cowl touches otherwise it will rub through the factory paint.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The mirrors are an interesting choice. Are the Motoled signals model-specific? Do you have a part number for them, please?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The mirrors are an interesting choice. Are the Motoled signals model-specific? Do you have a part number for them, please?

I did not want bar end mirrors but wanted a mirror that was of a decent quality, gloss black and a shorter stem then factory so I went with the M109R option.

The LED turn signals are DRC Hard Ware brand model Moto Led 602 the OEM part number is D-45-60-209 they are nice and bright, the lens comes close to the look of the tail light. Not expensive, in Canada they are $55.99 / pair and distributed through one of my suppliers KIMPEX.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
I like the mirrors too! M109, einh! Interesting! I may just copy you! :)

Good job, sounds like you are ready to put one some miles instead of looking at it! Once winter is over..

Be very prudent with these brand new tires, they are very slippery for the first few 100 kms...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the mirrors too! M109, einh! Interesting! I may just copy you! :)

Good job, sounds like you are ready to put one some miles instead of looking at it! Once winter is over..

Be very prudent with these brand new tires, they are very slippery for the first few 100 kms...

Yes I am ready to ride it for sure, Spring is slow in coming where I live.

Here are the OE part numbers for the mirrors, they cost me $90.00 each net before tax.

56500-41F90 RH & 56600-41F90 LH

I will take a front shot of the bike in my garage tonight to give you a better idea how they look.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice work! Well thought out mods. Looks great. You went just far enough to really improve the looks and refinement. Some just don't know when to stop.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice bike sir, I have the same :).

Just wondering about the turn signals (very nice!) - did yours come with the proper adapters for the front? Can we see some close-ups?

·
Registered
45 Posts
looks really good man. I'm not sure I saw you post the details on your windscreen/ flyscreen... looks sweet from the side view.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Looks nice. Have you thought about rim tape? The obvious choice would be red (like I did), but I've wondered what the fork gold would look like on the rims.

·
Registered
987 Posts
And it should be much easier to clean bugs off a glossy mirror than a rough-textured one. If you're into that sort of thing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice bike sir, I have the same :).

Just wondering about the turn signals (very nice!) - did yours come with the proper adapters for the front? Can we see some close-ups?

They are a Universal Signal so you need the Suzuki Adaptors, I used Oxford ones the same brand wire leads so I did not cut anything.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts