GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been planning this trip since we heard of Tail of the Dragon 4 years ago, right around the time I started riding. The trip exceeded all expectations. My only regret is I'm ruined now for riding, nothing anywhere near me compares to the roads out there.

It was an 18 hour drive from Montreal and myself and two buddies trailered our bikes down. We met all sorts of cool people from all around.. this was my first time in the south of the US and the people there are awesome. If you were on the fence about visiting this awesome motorcycle paradise then definitely make the jump and do it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Gorgeous isn’t it
You should come to the UK. We’ve got roads all over the country which are worth a ride
Thanks for sharing. That brings back some happy memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gorgeous isn’t it
You should come to the UK. We’ve got roads all over the country which are worth a ride
Thanks for sharing. That brings back some happy memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would love to one day! unfortunately renting a bike is pretty darn expensive

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow in march! Some friends of mine went right past NC on to Florida without stopping at TOTD in march, they said it was too cold. Doesn't look too bad from your pics.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
even ate at that same Tavern ... maybe even the same table :) did you guys stay there?
Tapoco Lodge/Tavern. Beautiful spot! We ate there one night, the food, service and views were all excellent. But no, we didn't stay there overnight. We rented an Airbnb home in Stecoah not far away for about a week. Where did you stay?

·
Registered
29 Posts
wow in march! Some friends of mine went right past NC on to Florida without stopping at TOTD in march, they said it was too cold. Doesn't look too bad from your pics.
it was the last week of march ... early morning temps were in the 40s but it warmed up to the high 60s low 70s during the day

·
Registered
549 Posts
Tail of the Dragon ride

We've been planning this trip since we heard of Tail of the Dragon 4 years ago, right around the time I started riding. The trip exceeded all expectations. My only regret is I'm ruined now for riding, nothing anywhere near me compares to the roads out there.

It was an 18 hour drive from Montreal and myself and two buddies trailered our bikes down. We met all sorts of cool people from all around.. this was my first time in the south of the US and the people there are awesome. If you were on the fence about visiting this awesome motorcycle paradise then definitely make the jump and do it.
Hey Nikga,
I'm so glad you packed up the bikes and made the trip south as TN, NC, and GA are great places to ride. The Tail of the Dragon is surrounded by other great roads, so it isn't a wasted trip, that's for sure. I'm glad the weather was good for you. March can be hit or miss, so you got lucky! I love the Cherohala Skyway run, too, as it seems to go on forever (43 miles!) The Dragon is over before you know it. But then you can do it again and again. Great times.
Thanks for posting. It is always good to see (nice pics!) and read about people having fun on their GSX-S1000. Makes me want to make a trip out that way again as it has been too many years. Most of my 'get out of Texas' riding takes place in northern Arkansas/southern Missouri. Google "Push Mountain Road" in Arkansas - FUN!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yessir, We actually just got back from our trip (beginning of may) weather was great! We spent a lot of time at the Dragon as its a good place to hang out and watch all the different cars and bikes pull up. But we also hit Cherahola skyway and the 28 towards Franklin which is awesome. I'd love to explore more of the south in the future, Just a great vibe going on plus I love me some southern rock so hearing great southern rock on the local radio is a nice touch! Couldn't believe they were playing Dr. John and Lynyrd Skynyrd songs other than their main hits on the radio haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts