GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding home last Saturday night around 10:30 a BMW pulls along side and starts screaming and honking his horn. Then proceeds to swerve hard into my lane forcing me into the center divider. I didnt even have time to hit brakes, slammed into the curb doing about 40-45 mph and next thing i remember is someone standing over me helping me up. The BMW took off and unfortunately no one was able to get his license plate. I ended up with a concussion, bone fractured in my right hand a large patch of road rash on my lower back from my jacket lifting up. All things considered could have been much worse but WTF is wrong with people!!!

As for the bike well...both rims bent beyond repair and right side faring is roached. and the starter motor cover is scratched to ****..but thats it!!! still not sure why there was so little damage. not complaining of course.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did something happen in the lead up to incident?
A good reason for having a head cam I think, could have been much worse!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did something happen in the lead up to incident?
A good reason for having a head cam I think, could have been much worse!
no thats what makes this all the more heinous.totally unprovoked. i had a a sena 10C on my helmet but it wasnt turned on and broke off / lost when i crashed

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you change to naked the front forks will need to be adjusted to make up for the lack of down force and weight loss.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Glad that the damage to your body and bike was not worse. It sounds like it could have easily been a lot worse. The randomness of it is really frightening. He (and I assume it was a he) was probably drinking or on drugs and showing off to his passenger(s).

I am and older rider and still love to ride. Did a 230 mile loop ride yesterday on my gsxs (love this bike). But I have made a decision that I will not ride at night. The average car driver's skills are poor at best and the probablility of impairment is greater after cocktail hour. Plus I think that darkness tends to bring out the ******* behavior in assholes.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
If you change to naked the front forks will need to be adjusted to make up for the lack of down force and weight loss.

Hi HoleShot408, Sorry to read about your misfortune - Hope you heal fast and no lingering issues with your hand.
I had a mishaps a year back with a car turning across the boughs of my other bike, and it's taken my left hand a year to recover with 2 broken bones and torn ligaments, wrist pain, so I share your hands experience. I hope you are a left hander.

I read a bike mag when they originally were released, and he said the Suzuki Intro at the press brief said that the F has 10 mm more fork oil than the N, to counter the downforce from the front fairing and screen at speed. He thought the F was a better 'road feel' because of that extra oil.
No mention of spring rate though, and I see that RaceTech hasn't a listing for the GSXS yet.
Rob.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi HoleShot408, Sorry to read about your misfortune - Hope you heal fast and no lingering issues with your hand.
I had a mishaps a year back with a car turning across the boughs of my other bike, and it's taken my left hand a year to recover with 2 broken bones and torn ligaments, wrist pain, so I share your hands experience. I hope you are a left hander.

I read a bike mag when they originally were released, and he said the Suzuki Intro at the press brief said that the F has 10 mm more fork oil than the N, to counter the downforce from the front fairing and screen at speed. He thought the F was a better 'road feel' because of that extra oil.
No mention of spring rate though, and I see that RaceTech hasn't a listing for the GSXS yet.
Rob.
Just use the GSX-R1000 springs, they are the same. ;)

I'm getting racetech springs for my forks and rear in the next coming weeks, i'll let you guys know how they go.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thats no good, I hope your ok and get your bike back on the road soon. Just one of those things you can't account for when riding is someone running you over for no good reason.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Riding home last Saturday night around 10:30 a BMW pulls along side and starts screaming and honking his horn. Then proceeds to swerve hard into my lane forcing me into the center divider. I didnt even have time to hit brakes, slammed into the curb doing about 40-45 mph and next thing i remember is someone standing over me helping me up. The BMW took off and unfortunately no one was able to get his license plate. I ended up with a concussion, bone fractured in my right hand a large patch of road rash on my lower back from my jacket lifting up. All things considered could have been much worse but WTF is wrong with people!!!

As for the bike well...both rims bent beyond repair and right side faring is roached. and the starter motor cover is scratched to ****..but thats it!!! still not sure why there was so little damage. not complaining of course.
Glad you're OK, but hope that guy gets what's coming to him (her?)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just use the GSX-R1000 springs, they are the same. ;)

I'm getting racetech springs for my forks and rear in the next coming weeks, i'll let you guys know how they go.
First off, I'm sorry you were the victim of road rage and as a retired chief prosecutor I agree you should continue to follow through with law enforcement.

At the risk if hijacking the thread the GSXR-1000 spring is part # 51171-47H20 and the GSXS spring is 51171-04K00. So I don't know if they are the same. I am looking for softer springing all the way around as my GSXS is sprung way too stiffly for my 145 lbs.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm really glad you're relatively OK! So sorry to hear about the incident and the damage. I don't know what's with some people - I got picked on at a stop light the other day for riding a 'Gixxer' and wearing a helmet that 'cost 6 bills' by a douche bag on a Harley.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

crap dont like hearing that wish you the best

·
Registered
217 Posts

Sorry for what happen to you, and best regards in a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm really glad you're relatively OK! So sorry to hear about the incident and the damage. I don't know what's with some people - I got picked on at a stop light the other day for riding a 'Gixxer' and wearing a helmet that 'cost 6 bills' by a douche bag on a Harley.
Ye, can always tell which Harley riders are true motorcyclists and which (their first bike, and cant ride for ****) are want to be bikers. Never ever a Biker like ****'s Angels been dicks, they just say hi and move on.

Also the cool Harley riders that move over in the canyons, are the ones that have had or have other bikes.

One day on the 101 about 5 of the **** type tried to block me, ye right! down shift and blew right through them.

There are many cool ones that signal do the wave and move over.

The motorcycle world isn't any different than any others.

See you on the road.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about your accident holeshot408. I hope they catch the a-hole, but they probably won't.
I hope you recover quickly and can get back out on the bike soon.
Good Luck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts