GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On scones - which is best?

I'm from sunny Devon, a week into my GSX S1000F and wishing the good weather would hurry up. Started on a 250 Gamma in the 80s, which I still wish I hadn't sold; then a 20+ year break from bikes and came back a few years ago on a GSXR600. Swopped that for the Triumph Bobber, which only lasted me 6 months (1200 cc and 76hp - c'mon!) and now on a fresh GSX S with braided hoses, e Scottoiler and heated grips. Thought I'd join this site to learn more about my bike, what the good mods are and to say hi!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Welcome DD, good first post!
It would be jam on first then cream for me.

·
Registered
244 Posts
On scones - which is best?

I'm from sunny Devon, a week into my GSX S1000F and wishing the good weather would hurry up. Started on a 250 Gamma in the 80s, which I still wish I hadn't sold; then a 20+ year break from bikes and came back a few years ago on a GSXR600. Swopped that for the Triumph Bobber, which only lasted me 6 months (1200 cc and 76hp - c'mon!) and now on a fresh GSX S with braided hoses, e Scottoiler and heated grips. Thought I'd join this site to learn more about my bike, what the good mods are and to say hi!
hi and welcome, highly reccomend the nitron r2 r/shock, as the stock budget item is not really suitable for rider only as spring rate is to suit two up, ive also got a mra race screen- better wind protection, ive also fitted led bulbs as the stock lights are actually dangerous at night - lack of spread especially on low beam(single bulb), the leds are 4000lumens each, and even with un modded light reflecters add quite abit of road verge/ or more importantly corner tip in vision, i found the stock fr brake pads lacking- ive fitted vesrah race pads - they really work awesome!, an exhaust header wakens the mtr up abit, that you can actually be heard coming then is a safety bonus, then its ready for use, ive also just ordered a hyperpro fork spring kit to go with the rear suspension upgrade, the forks seemed acceptable - until i got the nitron rear shock

·
Registered
197 Posts
Butter followed by a spoon full of jam (strawberry of course) followed by a spoon full of full dairy cream. Nice pot of tea, sit back and relax :)

GSXS is great, just enjoy it and do whatever you want. Your time, your toy your money. Always remember to have fun!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts