GSXS 1000 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

· Registered
493 Posts
Yes, that would make sense, and for that reason I'm not totally convinced that's what's going on...but it has a logic to it. In any case, I am waiting not so patiently to experience this first-hand.

· Registered
27 Posts
Reviving this thread since I am having the same CC issue. Don’t think it’s a breakin period related thing. Mine has worked great from day one of getting the bike.

Rode to my dealer this morning for the 600 mile service. I hit the highway, hit the CC and it wouldn’t turn on. It would just flash a couple of times.

Dealer is running diagnostics and will check it out. So I should have an explanation in a couple of hours once they’re done with the service.

· Registered
1,061 Posts
I’ve checked mine for codes twice. And nothing. So it’s a boot up glitch in the software I think. Can’t prove that but I do let mine come all the way up before starting.

· Registered
1,061 Posts
Yamaha had issues with the front brake switch on their bikes. One being the Tracer 900 GT I had which never did this but was replaced under the recall that was issued finally after years of issues with it on many other bike models from Yamaha.

I will say this I liked the Yamaha cruise control function better than the Suzuki setup. It was much smoother in its operation of up and down and resume and it showed the SET speed on the dash. Plus it had all the buttons on one side of the bar unlike the Suzuki setup with SET on the right bar which is stupid imo.

· Registered
172 Posts
I'm about to ride 330 mostly highway miles on cruise control... I'll post up if I have any problems with it.
I actually rode 432 miles but probably 330 of them were using cruise. I had no problems with it, though I do feel that it could use a bit more refinement. It's not too bad though, and 1000x better than no cruise!

· Registered
1,061 Posts
Mine is still having issues and it seems more often now. I was thinking it was maybe me not letting the dash and all boot completely up causing it. Not so it worked once saturday then 5 miles up the road it would not engage only 3 flashes of the green dial on the gauge. I stopped and cut bike off then back on and it was back working. Suzuki really needs a flash or some sort up update on this as it is very frustrating. I bought the bike to use cruise control when I need it not to have to stop and reboot the bike to get it to working. No I have not taken it to the dealership, they don not care and would keep it weeks only to tell me we could not replicate the issue.

· Registered
11 Posts
Hey, new to the Forum (Thanks for having me). Same issue here. Bought the bike last month (USA) and just got around to getting some miles on her. Cruise would work flawless one time and the next timw it would simply blink twice and then shut off.

· Registered
1,061 Posts
Hey, new to the Forum (Thanks for having me). Same issue here. Bought the bike last month (USA) and just got around to getting some miles on her. Cruise would work flawless one time and the next timw it would simply blink twice and then shut off.
Welcome! yea same thing on mine, blink then no worky.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts