GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With limited options for full exhausts, I decided to give the CS Racing exhaust a shot. Package showed up just over 2 weeks after ordering from Brazil. Build quality, welds and fitment were spot on. Included in the box is the exhaust, cover, springs, thread lock, baffle, machined aluminum servo motor replacement disc and a plug for the welded bung if you choose not to use the factory O2 sensor.
I picked up a HealTech Exhaust Servo Eliminator so I removed the factory servo and cables all together. I also removed the factory PAIR valve and installed Driven Racing block off plates and PAIR eliminator plug to prevent FI light.

All parts were bubble wrapped and packaged very well as you can see in the top of the first pic..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Block off plates installed. The eliminator plug goes in to the blue connector

Assembled to check fitment

Headers and collector installed first

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't be happier. Deep rumble at idle and cruising speed but really wakes up if you throttle it. PCV goes on this weekend. Between the new exhaust and new suspension, it feels like a new bike all over again.

Cold start video

Couple revs after warmed up

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Possibly. Feels like it's starving a little in the lower RPM's if that makes sense. I'll probably run the map from Dynojet for a couple weeks and see how it does.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love the look of this exhaust as it appears as though its an actual factory setup and prefer it much more then the ugly stock pipe. Plus the pricing isn't as insanely stupid like the other name brands. I just wish I could hear it under speed and pressure as an idling and revving the engine doesn't produce as good of a sound as slamming through gears. If possible please get a drive by video or throw a cam on and take her for a spin! Thanks!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I love the look of this exhaust as it appears as though its an actual factory setup and prefer it much more then the ugly stock pipe. Plus the pricing isn't as insanely stupid like the other name brands. I just wish I could hear it under speed and pressure as an idling and revving the engine doesn't produce as good of a sound as slamming through gears. If possible please get a drive by video or throw a cam on and take her for a spin! Thanks!!
I agree on all points, but was really turned off by the power gains. It's pretty clear that these guys did not do any custom tuning of the pipes. They just designed a 4-2-1 system that fits the packaging and called it a day. For me at least, I'd much rather go with an Arrow system that actually has significant power gains and pay the difference (which BTW isn't that much, I have Arrow headers on the way for around $650). It's really too bad that the CS Racing system has such a big torque dip at the same spot that the stock system has.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's really too bad that the CS Racing system has such a big torque dip at the same spot that the stock system has.
Oh my gosh dude that's sad to hear as I haven't seen a dyno of the exhaust! Bastards, why would they create something without putting the effort into designing it properly? I guess they simply wanted to make it look and sound decent and leave it up to the consumer to due the leg work into custom tuning which is what many vendors do. If I can hear the system in a riding scenario and it sounds good I'll probably order it anyhow as I plan to do some dyno tuning after an ecu flash to disable some junk and they get a fuel management system to dial it all in. I want, and need, to make my bike get some more power, as I'm a fat ******* and need to make up for it haha.

Then again, I'll look into the Arrow system a bit more, they have always had decent quality exhausts, I had one on my Triumph 955i and it sounded like a cat being raped by a dog :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
What year GSXR block off plates did you use on your engine?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh my gosh dude that's sad to hear as I haven't seen a dyno of the exhaust! Bastards, why would they create something without putting the effort into designing it properly? I guess they simply wanted to make it look and sound decent and leave it up to the consumer to due the leg work into custom tuning which is what many vendors do. If I can hear the system in a riding scenario and it sounds good I'll probably order it anyhow as I plan to do some dyno tuning after an ecu flash to disable some junk and they get a fuel management system to dial it all in. I want, and need, to make my bike get some more power, as I'm a fat ******* and need to make up for it haha.

Then again, I'll look into the Arrow system a bit more, they have always had decent quality exhausts, I had one on my Triumph 955i and it sounded like a cat being raped by a dog :)
Look at all the sportbike videos from Brazil on the net. 98% of those vids consist of dudes riding in tank tops, shorts and slippers riding at 2mph thru a parking lot on the rev limiter. That exhaust is to just make noise. Guaranteed no R&D.....

No offence to any Brazillian riders!

·
Registered
475 Posts
That's a shame, this exhaust is without doubt the best looking aftermarket exhaust available for this bike at present.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
That's a shame, this exhaust is without doubt the best looking aftermarket exhaust available for this bike at present.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yep. Too bad.

For those that missed my post awhile back comparing different full systems, I have attached the dyno sheet that CS provided to me. As well as the Arrow one. Big difference...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts