GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Trouble with these 2 graphs is both base readings are significantly different, there is up to a 10bhp difference. Either one bike is a lot better than the other or the dynos have been calibrated very different.
The only real useful bit of information to me is the dip in torque between 4500-6000k

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
Trouble with these 2 graphs is both base readings are significantly different, there is up to a 10bhp difference. Either one bike is a lot better than the other or the dynos have been calibrated very different.
The only real useful bit of information to me is the dip in torque between 4500-6000k

Right. You cannot compare dyno sheets of different bikes on different dynos. But a comparison to a baseline is totally valid.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Right. You cannot compare dyno sheets of different bikes on different dynos. But a comparison to a baseline is totally valid.
That only compares them to the bike before they changed, are the bikes the same before hand? ie filters, 02 eliminator, booster plug, pcv?
I'm not trying to argue just trying to point out that one may have inflated figures, wouldn't be the first time, after all its big money at stake

·
Registered
371 Posts
That only compares them to the bike before they changed, are the bikes the same before hand? ie filters, 02 eliminator, booster plug, pcv?
I'm not trying to argue just trying to point out that one may have inflated figures, wouldn't be the first time, after all its big money at stake

Yeah. Who knows if they are really being honest. For the record, the graph I shared from Arrow was supposedly a 100% stock bike and the only difference was the Arrow system.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Are those rizoma signals? Are they bright in daylight enough to be noticed by cagers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. They are extremely bright and I chose these particular fronts because they throw light to the sides as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
What year GSXR block off plates did you use on your engine?
They are Driven brand plates model DSBLOCK-1. Fits 01-08 GSXR 1000 and others as well.

·
Registered
141 Posts
did you simply install the exhaust? did you need any other parts or mods? no mapping? will this exhaust work fine if we just want to slap it on and ride off with it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
did you simply install the exhaust? did you need any other parts or mods? no mapping? will this exhaust work fine if we just want to slap it on and ride off with it?
Yes, that is possible. The kit includes the servo block plate so no eliminator plug is needed. Also the bike seemed to run fine without any fuel changes but I suspect it runs a little lean from the factory and possibly leaner with the pipe installed. Is it dangerously lean? I couldn't say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey where did you get the pair eliminator plug? and what other bikes does it fit? i have the plates but no plug to plug into stock wiring harness to get rid of fi light

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
141 Posts
just got mine, all the parts seem to be there, but they didn't seem to give me the manual. I'm getting the install done by someone else so wanted to have that for him. did yours come with it?

·
Registered
371 Posts
how easy is it to get to the servo motor???
It only took me around 10 minutes to get the servo motor out. The key is to disassemble it while it's still in the bike, then pull it out in pieces around the shock. No problem if you have someone aiming a flashlight in there so you can see where the bolts are that you need to remove.

·
Registered
141 Posts
my guy is taking apart the gas tank and swingarm, I checked with CS Racing and they said the same thing, tank and rear damper wtv that meant

·
Registered
371 Posts
Naked&Afraid;262657 said:
my guy is taking apart the gas tank and swingarm, I checked with CS Racing and they said the same thing, tank and rear damper wtv that meant
No need to do any of that... A huge waste of time

·
Registered
141 Posts
well it's done now, but to put the servo motor back he had to have more space, and he already has bloody hands lol

now I know it's all put back together nice & tight hahah

21 - 40 of 47 Posts