GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

If anyone is interested in a custom projector headlight for any variant of the GSX-S1000 or GSX-S750, send me an email at [email protected] and I will put a package together for you based on your choices. Regardless of options, this drastically improves visibility when riding at night. The stock headlight adjustment tabs are retained so you're still able to properly aim the beam(s).

You can either send me your existing headlight or I can supply a new one for you at an additional cost ($200 for both naked and F models). I have over 10 years of experience retrofitting and modifying headlights for both motorcycles and cars and only use high quality components and build materials. I am based in the USA but I will ship internationally at reasonable costs.

The basic projector retrofit includes:

• Bi-xenon projector (2 for the F)
  • 35W HID kit (slim ballasts, igniters, bulbs of your choice of color temp - I recommend 5000K)
  • Interior components painted matte black, gloss black, or left in original chrome
  • MotoCycle relay harness included, must be wired to battery terminals and routed to headlight. The headlight harness/connector is retained and modified for plug and play. The only thing you need to do is connect to your battery and route the wires to the front of the bike - the rest is plug and play. Some components will need to be zip-tied when reinstalling the assembly.
  • Headlight is re-sealed with butyl and goretex breather vents are reinstalled to ensure no moisture is trapped inside headlight.
Optional items:

• Halos/angel eyes (available in white, white/amber switchback, red, blue, or Bluetooth-controlled RGB)
  • Accent strip lighting (available in white, white/amber switchback, white/amber sequential (side to side) switchback, red, blue, or Bluetooth-controlled RGB)
  • Integrated turn signals in unused corner pods (F model only), plug and play with stock turn signal harnesses
  • Lens etching with logo of choice
Pricing will vary based on each build, but in general, total costs range from $275 to $600. Email me at [email protected] for a personalized quote. Turnaround time can be as little as 2 days.

Photos of my work can be found here: Headlight work

Some recent Suzuki work:

·
Registered
326 Posts
These look awesome I’m sending a email now, last time I tired to get a custom headlight I got ripped off from phucket paul

Let’s try again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These look awesome I’m sending a email now, last time I tired to get a custom headlight I got ripped off from phucket paul

Let’s try again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear that. Will respond to your email shortly!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I would jump on this if I had the money right now and the AUD exchange rate wasn't so awful. I hope you're still doing them when things settle back down. That would really complete my F model. Great work! (y)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I don't foresee that I'll stop doing these anytime soon but hopefully shipping costs to/from Australia isn't a dealbreaker for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Question for SS7.
On your F model headlamp, is it still possible to adjust the aiming of the light beam up - down and left-right.
How do you pre adjust them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Question for SS7.
On your F model headlamp, is it still possible to adjust the aiming of the light beam up - down and left-right.
How do you pre adjust them.
The OEM adjusters still work after my modification - that is how you adjust them. There are (3) 8mm bolts on the back of each side that allow for X/Y adjustment.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The OEM adjusters still work after my modification - that is how you adjust them. There are (3) 8mm bolts on the back of each side that allow for X/Y adjustment.
Since the light are coming on by turning the key, is it going to cause some problems for them while starting the motor. Do we have to turn them on after
starting the motor.

Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since the light are coming on by turning the key, is it going to cause some problems for them while starting the motor. Do we have to turn them on after
starting the motor.

Thanks.
No issues starting the motor, no. There is also an 8-second delay before the bixenons come on thanks to the motocycle harness. I'm also pretty sure the bike cuts the headlight circuit while the starter motor is engaged anyway.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thanks! I don't foresee that I'll stop doing these anytime soon but hopefully shipping costs to/from Australia isn't a dealbreaker for you.
If a products worth it I'll spend the money. Had my exhaust imported from Japan. My seat came from Canada etc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts